JA8

Who on Earth is 'KING', the mod on the Discord Server?

Just who is this character 'KING' and why is he in charge of the Discord Server? He's abusive, arrogant and short-tempered. He displays a startling lack of experience / knowledge and reason as well.

Today I said I was surprised at the size of the current XRP pullback. I said I thought this news could take it to 0.35c, and if it were publicised that AMEX / Santander were actually using XRP,  it could have even gone up to $1 - as that would be massive.

Not the first time he has done something similar, but in response he said I was "full of ****", that my "price predictions are BS", and finally he told me: "my XRP position is 3x yours, fuckface", before kicking me from the server. Uhm...

What on Earth is someone like this doing running the official Discord Channel? No matter how antagonistic he may find me (and for the record I'm really not - he just takes unusually strong exception to many of my views) - someone suffering from extreme anger management issues has no business being the moderator of an official XRP channel. 

Edited by j8jweb

2 hours ago, j8jweb said:

What on Earth is someone like this doing running the official Discord Channel?

Because it's not an official server in the first place. Ripple doesn't have or endorse any servers. Everything you see -  sans official forum -  is a community run initiative. 

King is generally a  well liked and trusted member of the discord server. He uses his "banhammer" judicially.  There are a lot of new people there, just learning about crypto and xrp, who listen to every word said and make trades based on that. Smart? No it isn't but it happens, its his job to look out for those people and the community in general. In my experience if you are contributing to the discussion at hand appropriately, you have no issues.  

I guess I touched a nerve when I made a couple of price predictions relating to Bitcoin and XRP that he didn't agree with. He's very aggressive - almost to the point of it feeling quite surreal. If he's fifteen years old that might explain it? I don't know. Fortunately for him, I don't have any close dealings with Ripple. The next person might (I certainly know people that do). He should try to be a little more careful / grow up a bit.

Edited by j8jweb

On 2017-11-17 at 7:15 AM, Tinyaccount said:

I've never used discord....   am i missing anything?

Tried it once. TBH I felt it was overloaded with Garbish. Hard to pick the Pearls in a constant stream of bla-bla-blaa.

17 minutes ago, zenkert said:

Tried it once. TBH I felt it was overloaded with Garbish. Hard to pick the Pearls in a constant stream of bla-bla-blaa.

That's where good moderation ought to come in, but doesn't, sadly. 

Edited by j8jweb

15 hours ago, j8jweb said:

I guess I touched a nerve when I made a couple of price predictions relating to Bitcoin and XRP that he didn't agree with. He's very aggressive - almost to the point of it feeling quite surreal. If he's fifteen years old that might explain it? I don't know. Fortunately for him, I don't have any close dealings with Ripple. The next person might (I certainly know people that do). He should try to be a little more careful / grow up a bit.

The entire cryptocommunity seems filled with people like "KING" which I agree can seem surreal at times.  I occasionally venture over to Reddit, but typically stick to XRP Chat as people on this forum are courteous, informed, and level headed.

On 11/16/2017 at 11:15 PM, Tinyaccount said:

I've never used discord....   am i missing anything?

Based on this thread, it does not sound like it.  :)  I had heard of the Discord channel, but after the OP's experience, I see no reason to try it out.

I can say something but my honour and respect for almost all guys prevent me from saying what I want.
But I agree with you, he is as stupid as a horses ***.
The group isn't what it used to be, things happened and people feel important because they have a lot of members now.
I was a longtimer so people who were there will know who I am.
And these people are a great and fun bunch of guys, it just went down the drain since ego's came into play among others.
the last few months even more as where you are hinting on.