Sign in to follow this  
Skippy

Money and cars, what are you doing with your money?

Why does everyone want to buy a nice car with money? Everyone's talking about Audis and Mercedes and Lambos.. Is it really the high point of your life? A lambo?

The question I really am asking here is:

What do you plan to do with "extra" money in your life? Pay off your loans? Travel? Just increase your standards of living?

Personally, I don't know. I never understood money. I've always been happy with a decent meal, clean clothes and warm bed to sleep every day. But money is quite fun to collect. Sitting in a bank account, sounds boring right? Sitting in my cold wallet sounds like more fun.

Thoughts?

buying land, letting it go wild -- small patch of it for gardening... modest home, somewhere remote near a fishing river

If/when it reaches a target price, I'll take some, find a couple of homeless folk in my local city, set them up with an apartment/basic necessities & support to find work. Then it's probably hopping into my car/buying a campervan and touring Europe first, the rest of the world (esp. New Zealand) after. I don't need any more 'stuff'.

I have one house paid off with no mortgage now. No debts, 1 credit card which is completely clean.

Next goal is to create a permanent monthly income without work that still appreciates in value over time. i.e. - bricks and mortar.

minimum Two, ideally three more properties is my ultimate goal then be able to live off the rent from them. Realistically for this to happen I will need to sit on my holdings for around 3-4 years assuming a dream price of around $40usd a unit on sell up. 

At that point, my freelance work I do globally doesn't become a requirement. Its an option and I can pick and choose projects I want to work on.

Oh... and I dont want a lambo. I want a tesla :P

I would like to be able to donate a sizeable chunk to the people of Palestine as well. My mum visits there every year during Ramadan to help feed the needy. It would go through her. 

Money in account is no fun. Better to spend it in useful areas. Whether that is personal growth/income or helping the poor. 

If you take a penny to your grave...that penny is wasted. (unless you have kids of course...different matter)

Hire a financial advisor, pay my taxes, retire, travel, Legos. In that order.