CryptoLearner

Why I changed my XRP tune

So In early August I bought my first xrp.  And I held.  I held through the 3.2.1,  I held during swell, I even have a mug that has the XRP logo on it, saying HODL.  But I have changed the way I look at xrp, and while I do hodl some, I often trade it for other tokens in order to capitalize on some gains, and then re accumulate xrp again.  It's pretty stable and we can see even in the worst blood, it doesnt really drop below .19 or so.  And it will often jump up into the mid .20s, so it's better than a savings account in my opinion.  I will hodl xrp as a storage space like tether (with the potential of gains), with very little volatility on the downside.  I will not marry myself to any one coin from here on out and will shift between them to take advantage of gains from potential news, while always hodling some xrp.  I shifted some into b3coin 3 weeks ago and some into Lisk, and they have made staggering returns that I simply wouldn't have had, had I just HEDL'D all my xrp.

Hopefully, you will be aboard the right train when it departs from the station.

27 minutes ago, Coretex said:

Hopefully, you will be aboard the right train when it departs from the station.

I think you can hedge against that risk a little bit by swing trading only into XLM.   I know that Jed manages to somehow ride Ripples coat tails so if XRP is rising it's likely XLM is too....   So ironically I feel safer in XLM than any other alt.  I feel dirty for doing it (and I haven't started my swing trades yet) but I think it is a hedge against missing the train.

6 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I think you can hedge against that risk a little bit by swing trading only into XLM.   I know that Jed manages to somehow ride Ripples coat tails so if XRP is rising it's likely XLM is too....   So ironically I feel safer in XLM than any other alt.  I feel dirty for doing it (and I haven't started my swing trades yet) but I think it is a hedge against missing the train.

Perverted thought, but you have a point.

Does anyone know how / where to assess the adoption rate of XRP within the current user base of Ripple customers?  To me, it seems the value of XRP will be driven by its adoption within Ripple users... 

Thanks

I am not a trader