Is it easy to integrate Ripple into the old bank system?

Can anyone tell me what has to be done by Ripple to be competible with old bank systems? Is it easy to integrate Ripple? (Excuse me for my English, No native speaker, Dutchman)

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

Did you read this wrong? I think he asked what is practically needed for a bank to implement Ripple.

56 minutes ago, Tommer said:

@skippy, indeed

I answered the second portion of the question: "Is it easy?". Off the top of my head, I don't have a simple or well-informed answer for the first. As anecdotal evidence though, consider the fact that after years of effort, the best C++ team in fintech, around 200 employees, PoC's with many of the world's top central banks, and over $90M raised from the best VC's and institutions in the industry, Ripple is just starting to find momentum with institutional adoption. Doesn't sound easy to me.

Edited by Xi195
5 hours ago, Tommer said:

Can anyone tell me what has to be done by Ripple to be competible with old bank systems? Is it easy to integrate Ripple? (Excuse me for my English, No native speaker, Dutchman)

Please research Interledger Protocol and Distributed Ledger Technology. 

It is a cumbersome process and nothing can go wrong for the bank's sake. It takes massive amounts of trust, time, energy, and money to change the banking world. These guys are aiming for the stars though... Go Ripple!

9 hours ago, Tommer said:

At one point, I was told it was a huge PIA. This was before Ripple released their new product line. I spoke to an integration company hired by banks who said that they had to “squish” (lol, pretty sure they used that word) Ripple Connect together with the old stuff. They were also doing this with Hyperledger products too (squishing Hyperledger with the old stuff). 

I might check in with them again and see what’s up.