Just now, Hodor said:

:P

He looked a bit jet-lagged in one of the videos... maybe it's the hours of meetings and Q&A! 

Poor Miguel. This is probably the only space where a corporate messenger will be scrutinized relentlessly by fan boys online- what's he wearing, WHO's he wearing, posture, hair, speech, impressions, smile wattage- it is like the freaking Oscars every time there is any sort of coverage.

For the record the shirt was Ripple Logo #6 'We Work Better Together', by the local fashion house 波紋.

3 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

"a stakeholder-run network of attested validators." does this mean XRP is moving from proof of work to proof of stake? If so XRP will be decentralized but controlled by the stakeholders...

Not the way I read it. I interrupted the use of 'stakeholders' the same way corporations and governments use it- those vested or part of the process having a say. Since they link stakeholders with validators I read it to mean those running validators have a say in the network- which is what we have and will continue to have as the network becomes more decentralized.

6 minutes ago, Bagheera said:

"a stakeholder-run network of attested validators." does this mean XRP is moving from proof of work to proof of stake? If so XRP will be decentralized but controlled by the stakeholders...

XRP uses neither POW or POS for validation of transactions:  It uses byzantine fault tolerance - specifically a Ripple version of it.  I think the actual name is the "Ripple Protocol" if I'm not mistaken.  https://ripple.com/files/ripple_consensus_whitepaper.pdf

(My point in the blog was that Ripple was gradually altering the "attested validator" list to include non-Ripple 3rd parties to a greater and greater degree.  )

Edited by Hodor

Ripple Meetup in Japan... take away:

• institutional focus only
  • not interested in individual investors 
  • no idea about valuation of XRP
  • my interpretation...
  • Ripple is at least three (3) years away from significant use cases

This was an adequate interview... probably accurate in terms of direction.

Clearly, Vias, has no idea where this is going... as they are just starting out on this path.

--

If I look at this from the Garlinghouse perspective, I would think that selling the company to a major player is in the cards. There is a great deal of work that must be done, to change the plumbing... and this is going to take 3-5 years.

--

The question that should have been asked... 

• Ripple employees have the option to be remunerated in XRP, all employees will hold some XRP... question when will you sell XRP, and what price are you looking for?
  • Vias... would have answered this question using corporate language, but I would have liked to see his 'body language' on hearing the question and on expressing his answer. Recall, that Vias' wife Quote "thinks he is buying too much XRP". As per his EpiCenter interview on 2016... or early 2017.

5 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

no idea about valuation of XRP

I believe you're wrong on this. 

Sometimes I think there is a belief that is pervasive among some company members that they need to project an image of only caring about bank adoption.  That's good, in my opinion, because that's what they need to be focused on. 

But make no mistake about it - Ripple is very aware of what XRP valuation is and how important it can be from a variety of standpoints.  I've heard Brad Garlinghouse, Miguel, and David Schwartz all refer to the valuation of Ripple, and newspapers are usually reporting the valuation of Ripple to include *some* number that incorporates XRP capitalization. 

9 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

The question that should have been asked... 

• Ripple employees have the option to be remunerated in XRP, all employees will hold some XRP... question when will you sell XRP, and what price are you looking for?
  • Vias... would have answered this question using corporate language, but I would have liked to see his 'body language' on hearing the question and on expressing his answer. Recall, that Vias' wife Quote "thinks he is buying too much XRP". As per his EpiCenter interview on 2016... or early 2017.

??? I missed this interview.   Now I wonder just how much Miguel has personally.  :JC_thinking:   I like the fact that he owns a chunk! 

37 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

Clearly, Vias, has no idea where this is going... as they are just starting out on this path.

Hey Mister Max Entropy.
You are far to heavy to handle. I mean everytime you write someting, it weighs tons and ton tons and tons.
For once, why could not try to lighten up a little bit?

I have a simple question to you @Max Entropy
Do you believe in XRP or not?
If not, why are you still posting in this Club/Forum?'

Please answer my question with one word.
Yes or No.
Is it possible for you to just write one word?

PS. I do not want to offend you. DS.
PPS. I just want to point you into another perhaps little more lighthearted direction, that may be more liked :heart:)DDS.

So...
Yes or No! Do you believe in Ripple and XRP or not?

One word answer, only.

Cheers!

Edited by zenkert

Hi @zenkert

I too wonder this as as well. I do have better things to do, however, I do have a significant holding XRP and I find the space interesting. Ripple is intriguing for many reasons. Maybe the one I find most fascinating is that it is the ONlY corporate attempting a crypto in the space.

Google Chomsky on why 'people' write.

--

i am working on a personal project that gathers global 'crypto' info then analyzes it. I am ideologically connected to the space.

Besides, I am know am right!

:-)

--

Ripple is wrong about focusing on financial institutions, or else Vias misspoke. With individuals then there is no buzz, and you guys can go elsewhere for info. Vias says they are focusing on Exchanges... the first term out of his mouth on two (2) occasions in the talk. Surely, he should know that the exchanges are where the individuals buy their tokens. 

Ripple is a very young company.

Consider this:

• Bill Gates and Steve Jobs did not opt for running the Board of Directors as Larson did. Maybe Larson was not given a choice.
  • Ripple is run by Garlinghouse who is not a developer or a long time employee like Steve Balmer was. I think Garlinghouse will be gone in 2-3 years as part of a take-over. Remember, it will take a year to get the company sold, then he will be contracted to manage the transition. This is by definition three (3) years.
  • As the for the developers, there will be churn as they experience rates of burn out. These guys are sitting on millions of XRP and unlike devs in other groups, do experience public adoration. [I am sure to get flack on this]
  • Early, Ripple investors will be taking portions of their investments out, so that they can participate in other opportunities.