Sign in to follow this  
xrpwillrise

Does Ripple Control The Price Of XRP? Keep reading this...

Hello all, 

I was looking to get some answers as to whether or not Ripple is controlling the price of XRP to keep it stable for FI's. I keep coming across these statements in various XRP chat postings, and am curious as to the validity of these statements. Has this been confirmed, or is it just speculation that the price of XRP is being controlled? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

33 minutes ago, xrpwillrise said:

Hello all, 

I was looking to get some answers as to whether or not Ripple is controlling the price of XRP to keep it stable for FI's. I keep coming across these statements in various XRP chat postings, and am curious as to the validity of these statements. Has this been confirmed, or is it just speculation that the price of XRP is being controlled? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Pure speculation and guesswork until proven otherwise

Speculation incomming:

I will preface this with I hope this isn't true, nor is it likely to be true.

One theory I have is that Ripple is controlling / maintaining the price, in order to aggressivley make contracts with Banks and FI's to sell XRP to them before the Escrow. Ripple knows that once the Escrow hits, XRP could skyrocket. They also know that Banks and FI's will be a bit agrivated if they didn't get some precious XRP before the price hike (even considering a Ripple discount), and may have to buy some on the open market. Following this logic, Ripple will be pushing the Escrow as far back into December 2017 as possible in order to satisfy interested customers and sell at a stable price. This works in the interest of both Ripple and the Banks, as it incentivizes Banks to buy in now and feel like they've all been treated equally, and gets XRP out of the hands of Ripple, and used as it should. 

Removes tinfoil hat

1 hour ago, xrpwillrise said:

Hello all, 

A kind and friendly advice. This forum and the club is full of speculations/thoughts/opinions about this. Enjoy the Club and whatever subject, it may enlighten you on.
Read, and read, and read before posting. I wish you a pleasant evening @xrpwillrise BTW  I really like your forum name. Catchy it is. :JC_doubleup:

Edited by zenkert

1 hour ago, xrpwillrise said:

Hello all, 

One of the best threads started last year on this is

Westpac boss doesn't like XRP

Read the whole thread for some very interesting posts particularly from DaveU

It has been revisited over the past few days

Edited by mistatee2000

Watch Miguel's response to a Question at the Seoul meetup this week - he couldn't have been more clear that Ripple does not, has not, and will not manipulate the price of XRP. It's just not in their interest to keep the price low as you suggest, and would do no good to their repuation whatsever. Obe of my initial concerns when hearing of Ripple/XRP was that they were in a position that they could potentially manipulate the price. But do more research, read & watch everything you can about the team and the tech, and you'll be more than content that they don't.

20 minutes ago, will4star said:

Watch Miguel's response to a Question at the Seoul meetup this week - he couldn't have been more clear that Ripple does not, has not, and will not manipulate the price of XRP. It's just not in their interest to keep the price low as you suggest, and would do no good to their repuation whatsever. Obe of my initial concerns when hearing of Ripple/XRP was that they were in a position that they could potentially manipulate the price. But do more research, read & watch everything you can about the team and the tech, and you'll be more than content that they don't.

Wise words indeed. 

Always do your own research and then come to your own conclusions - the less speculation the better

You can find me daily on trading view discussing everything on economics.  I should probably save most of my material on a word file.  Today I discussed XRP in depth and the differences on advantages on centralized, decentralized, and hybrid functions.

Every time I listen to Miguel I get the urge to sell. Not just his attitude, and lack of energy and passion, but also his underestimating of crypto as alternative to fiat, especially in the digital domain.  He's not "immersed"  with crypto, comes across as someone who does not really believe in his own product, does not seem to have a clear vision of his own. Really wrong answer on the last question. Ripple as a company may (currently!) not be focused on replacing the dollar, but the XRP ledger is free to be used by anyone with other aspirations. Freedom to use the technology is the key here. xRapid, and xVia are just Ripple's (strategic!!) products, anyone can build other products, and have other strategies. With XRP Ledger you could even issue a Family Coin to send to your grandmother's Family Wallet. Sure, currently she'd need an account on an exchange, but I thought you were fixing that with RippleNet! But sending money to grandmothers is not where this revolution is all about. It's about people being able to easily participate in a global market. Yes we need an automatizable global currency for that, and hell yes, XRP has the ambition to become that. #xrpthestandard, remember?

Also not impressed by Warren, who said that Ripple does not control the price of the fee. They totally do, as they develop the software that determines the fee. Certainly at some point, the fee needs to be lowered, otherwise burning of XRP will go too fast, and transactions become too expensive. The third guy that took some questions I like. This is more the kind of spirit and energy I was hoping to see.

Also, don't assume your audience is stupid. That Bitcoin vs XRP slide is becoming outdated, now that Bitcoin Cash is on its way to become the dominant Bitcoin (which I think will happen). You already need to have an answer to that threat. There are answers to it, I just did not hear them. Make sure your well-informed audience does not cross out the bulk of your bullet points in their mind, while viewing that important slide. Do not underestimate your audience, nor your opponents.

Global commerce will explode in the next decade. Most of that commerce will consist of trading digital products. The current cross border payment volume will be marginal compared to where we are heading. I think it's safe to assume that the bulk of this new trade will be paid for in cryptocurrency, not fiat, simply because cryptocurrency can be integrated into software, fiat can not. Crypto is the money of the Internet, simple as that. Why did I not hear that? If Ripple can position their XRP as not only the best scalable crypto, but also the best connected and best integreatable, it can win that immense completely new market. But we need people on stage that can broadcast that vision, inspire us, infect us with their ideas, passion and way of thinking. David Schwartz is the perfect guy to do this, but for some reason, he stays out of the spotlights. David Schwartz is Ripple's Vitalik. He should have been on stage in Tokyo, Seoul, and at Swell.

Edited by lucky

On 11/11/2017 at 12:01 PM, lucky said:

Everyone knows XRP has the potential to replace all fiat currencies. The chance of this is currently very low and in very far future. Does Miguel want to advertise it like that? Of course not. That is not what Ripple is trying to do. Why would they say something silly as that?

On 2017-11-11 at 11:01 AM, lucky said:

Every time I listen to Miguel I get the urge to sell. Not just his attitude, and lack of energy and passion, but also his underestimating of crypto as alternative to fiat, especially in the digital domain. 

I totally agree with you. The same attitude at Credit Suisse presentation. He is the one responsible for XRP liquidity...

Sign in to follow this