I don't know that this would affect XRP all that much as it's intended to be a smart contracts platform that accepts any crypto currency. At least I Think that's how it works... Anybody smarter than me feel free to correct me! 

Edited by HelpfullMoon

12 minutes ago, cryptoman said:

This makes a lot of sense.  Glad to see Ripple making the decision to revive this.  

Question is also, was it ever dead? I am curious.

1 minute ago, kuyu said:

Question is also, was it ever dead? I am curious.

According to their last blog, it was put in indefinite 'hibernate mode' because it was not something that seemed important enough at the time to devote more resources than Ripple had at the time.

59 minutes ago, Ripplezzzz said:

How does it work? Similar as Etherium? Own coin etc.? Will there be a relation with XRP in this construction? And how will this be better than Etherium? Is there a technological edge here? Etherium got a lot of excellent developers (not a big fan of Etherium myself btw). With NEO etc., why another platform?

Unlike Etherium which needs requires Ether and Solidity (programming language), Codius is meant to be programming language and asset/database agnostic and purely used to host logic and execute code with and combination of assets/database (blockchain as substrate) and programming language of choice.

In a sense, it's a much more open hosting solution for smart contracts because it's not holding much of the memory itself, only the logic.

If I understand you correctly it's a ledger-connector in short with the option to enable smart contracts within? With Codius ripplenet can get a higher adoption rate and XRP could be used directly in relation to smart contracts, am I correct?

1 minute ago, Ripplezzzz said:

If I understand you correctly it's a ledger-connector in short with the option to enable smart contracts within? With Codius ripplenet can get a higher adoption rate and XRP could be used directly in relation to smart contracts, am I correct?

https://www.codius.org/

21 minutes ago, Ripplezzzz said:

I think so. but @JoelKatzor @nikb would be able to explain best. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 9.00.51 PM.png

Edited by hesque
uploading picture

1 minute ago, Ripplezzzz said:

Thank you @hesque @Live4xrp

The site not very clear to me to be honest. I am not a developer in this area and am trying to understand the importance of the Codius project for Ripple. It has a payments system build in, slightly confusing if you ask me.

Watch this: 

You will understand everything really well.

On 11/10/2017 at 6:28 AM, kuyu said:

It is interesting to note, that despite all the attention and ICO launches on the Ethereum blockchain, it's still hard to see why success in any would translate to significant gains for Ether. Serious scaling issues remain, which one way or the other, will lead to material changes in the Ethereum blockchain.

At least Etherreum has Vitalik who acts as a sort of nexus of focusing. As contrasted to Bitcoin, where it's an absolute mess.

That's the other issue that Ethereum has....It's all about what Vitalik says or does. It just seems when I think of Ethereum the only person that comes to mind is Vitalik

Edited by RLP18PharmD

I for one didn't believe they had Codius completely shelved. While they might not have had the bandwidth to fully devote to the project, I'm thinking they had a few engineers siloed off working on it behind the scenes. I can't imagine Stefan Thomas giving up on his baby completely.

Edited by RLP18PharmD

1 hour ago, RLP18PharmD said:

I for one didn't believe they had Codius completely shelved. While they might not have had the bandwidth to fully devote to the project, I'm thinking they had a few engineers siloed off working on it behind the scenes. I can't imagine Stefan Thomas giving up on his baby completely.

I think also the complexity was an issue too, given that the what they are presently involved with must already consume a lot of resources. Glad to see it's alive and kicking although I will expect to hear some more details before being convinced.