Toroth

The next crypto-depression

More so than ever people are committing money to the crypto market long term. I strongly believe (IMO) that if Bitcoin drops only some will leave, most will find alternatives. After this occurs, real world usage and scalabitlity will be the most important factors. 

5 hours ago, nav said:

Would you say we can expect a swell sometime soon? Too soon..? 

@Toroth are you aware of the hard fork? Are you aware of what occured after the last hard fork? Are you also aware that Ripple has already been a successfull investment for many folks this year alone?

It just feels to me like your doubting the market without giving us an educated argument to why you feel this way. I think if you look at past trends in this market you'll have a less negative outlook. 

Read my second post and you'll see that i stated XRP is the only coin I'll always hold even during the corrections. I've held around 100k since XRP was less than a penny so don't doubt my faith in it lol. The hard-fork/free money was the catalyst for this BTC rise yes but a huge correction is imminent is all I'm saying and was asking the forum of how long they believe it'll last this time.

7 hours ago, thisisme said:

Hopefully there are always people like you @Toroth so i can buy a lot more of cheap XRPs and continue our journey to the 0.25

Haha you'll never get my XRP. Maybe after it reaches a dollar and beyond i might sell you a little bit.

Sorry I may have misunderstood you @Toroth

I'm just not 100% sure what you mean by next crypto-depression. Do you mean after the fork, or the current depression (because of the fork)? Or some future black swan event?

Honestly, I'm also an XRP holder for the long term, and I believe there will be a depression at some point, when most of these ICO's get lost to history. When that happens, XRP will most likely be the most stable asset inthe crypto space. 

Edited by nav

No worries @nav. I don't take offense easily.

The depression I'm mostly referring to is the one that happened over the summer around the end of May and lasted until August. BTC rose from 1k to 3k in a short period of time and then went on a 2 month long correction which brought everything else down with it. Given that BTC just rose 3k in one month, I believe this correction will be harder hitting and longer lasting.

In hindsight, my use of "depression" is pretty naïve and dramatic but those 2 months were depressing to me lol

3 hours ago, Toroth said:

Haha you'll never get my XRP. Maybe after it reaches a dollar and beyond i might sell you a little bit.

lol i started buying XRPs while you were still baby ....

7 hours ago, Dilligaf said:

I am depressed that ever since i start investing a few weeks ago (First timer) i cant stop watching trade charts.. its all i do now i cant stop i need help.

dont worry @Dilligaf the trade charts are the new TV channels for many of us here. For instance, if Donald throws some missiles at Kim, you'll see it first on your favorite channel errrrr chart... lol...

42 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

dont worry @Dilligaf the trade charts are the new TV channels for many of us here. For instance, if Donald throws some missiles at Kim, you'll see it first on your favorite channel errrrr chart... lol...

Yes, this is totally true LOL. My TV is trade view

Bump.

Just wanted to come back and brag that i started this thread just hours before the major BTC correction started. Hope you all followed me and sold most of your coins (except xrp) beforehand. We're only in the first wave of the down-trend i feel. Gl to everyone and keep that USD/USDT ready for when BTC touches bottom and it, as well as the other coins, goes back into bull mode.

Edited by Toroth

On 11/11/2017 at 2:22 AM, Molineux said:

yes I sold and am watching, but when is the bottom, btc has recovered a little since ur post, is it going to continue to drop in the next 24 hrs... hmmmm

Again, i believe we're only in the first wave of the down trend but the fact that the total market cap is still around $200B has me suspicious. Perhaps it is just as one previous poster stated in that money is flowing into certain alt coins instead but i suspect they are just pump and dumps to recover losses before pulling out their money entirely.

Time will tell but i think the total market cap value will go down to $150B or below as we get closer to the end of 2017. Time will tell i guess

25 minutes ago, Toroth said:

Again, i believe we're only in the first wave of the down trend but the fact that the total market cap is still around $200B has me suspicious. Perhaps it is just as one previous poster stated in that money is flowing into certain alt coins instead but i suspect they are just pump and dumps to recover losses before pulling out their money entirely.

Time will tell but i think the total market cap value will go down to $150B or below as we get closer to the end of 2017. Time will tell i guess

I'm going to make your prediction more likely by predicting the opposite. :)

I think the stage is set perfectly for XRP to shine.  People are making and losing money like crazy in this tug of war between the Bitcoin siblings...   the very spectacle of it raises people's awareness of crypto.  The larger mainstream media will mainly have puff pieces on the instant riches folks made and that will get more people interested.

Sometime SoonTM  we will hear Ripple announce, or partners will announce, significant usage and then the Lockup occurs.....   and the FOMO starts for the second big XRP run of 2017.  And the money coming in will be new money lifting the crypto cap well over $200B.

So Toroth you are now more likely than ever to be correct because someone with a perfect ( - )100% prediction rate is starting to feel very bullish.   :) 

1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm going to make your prediction more likely by predicting the opposite. :)

I think the stage is set perfectly for XRP to shine.  People are making and losing money like crazy in this tug of war between the Bitcoin siblings...   the very spectacle of it raises people's awareness of crypto.  The larger mainstream media will mainly have puff pieces on the instant riches folks made and that will get more people interested.

Sometime SoonTM  we will hear Ripple announce, or partners will announce, significant usage and then the Lockup occurs.....   and the FOMO starts for the second big XRP run of 2017.  And the money coming in will be new money lifting the crypto cap well over $200B.

So Toroth you are now more likely than ever to be correct because someone with a perfect ( - )100% prediction rate is starting to feel very bullish.   :) 

I can only hope. Xrp, Dash, and ETC were the only coins i didn't sell so i lucked out. Still holding the same amount of XRP because it's so unpredictable so i hope you're right in that we see an XRP pump next as BTC continues it's decline.

...but will everything else be dragged down with it? Or will people jump ship from bitcoin to try and find other safe havens or better places for their money?
-Matt

This is exactly what I hope happens. The curtains have been pulled back on the BTC shitshow and how unstable and petulant the whole fiasco is. May XRP and IOTA be the big winners.