When bitcoin forks on the 15th what will happen to xrp price

9 minutes ago, calex960 said:

Do y'all think that fork will cause ripple to rise or drop in value or be unaffected by the fork?

image.png.086efa601a4b1b57f1769e287e0dfacc.png

My prediction is that bitcoins going to nudge 8K on the fork, and tank back to the 5K previous resistance level over the following days. 

It done the exact same when it touched the 5K level at the beginning of September, then tanked back to the 3K previous resistance. 

I would expect from the chart that you would see a run of 25 - 30% for XRP from it's current levels to 0.25 - 0.27, 

Then again I may just be talking s*&t... which has been known :rofl:

15 minutes ago, VegitaXRP said:

Should fall a little prior to the fork then bounce 20% immediately after.

Im hoping that XRP drops to .12$ like it did on the last fork

1 minute ago, tartankiwi said:

image.png.086efa601a4b1b57f1769e287e0dfacc.png

My prediction is that bitcoins going to nudge 8K on the fork, and tank back to the 5K previous resistance level over the following days. 

It done the exact same when it touched the 5K level at the beginning of September, then tanked back to the 3K previous resistance. 

I would expect from the chart that you would see a run of 25 - 30% for XRP from it's current levels to 0.25 - 0.27, 

Then again I may just be talking s*&t... which has been known :rofl:

Yeah i think your prediction will be accurate, bitcoin did just have a huge rally so the pullback has to come one day or another

I expect money to move into other coins. That's as exact as I can be. I bought some eth and bth for a quick profit to buy a new cellphone or more xrp ? 

23 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I think if the fork happens in a non-horrible way, then Bitcoin will rally hard and the price of XRP will go down for awhile.

The adoption of futures contracts is definitely a bonus for Bitcoin and could help rally the cause even more, but from what I've read, there seems to be so much confusion over what version of Bitcoin is going to be the real Bitcoin?  I know if I was in that position, i'd be struggling to decide which coin to dump. 

I just think there's too much data showing it being over extended at the moment that a correction seems inevitable... and that there's going to be a lot of unhappy fomo'ers out there post fork!  

28 minutes ago, jumperabv3 said:

"When bitcoin forks on the 15th" .... hasn't it forked already to BTC and BCC ?!

Who makes decisions if Bitcoin should fork or not - I mean who is the decision maker behind this?

It's a pretty complex process muddled with good information and bad information, opinions etc  so if I were you, check out some videos on YouTube or read some blogs. It's a fustercluck but in short, some power lies in the users and some in the miners. 

Edited by Guest

XRP is still quite bound to BTC as many people see it as yet another cryptocoin. I feel we might be at the beginning of long bearish market across all coins. The post-fork chaos could be a good starter.

Just my guts, no actual data.

53 minutes ago, jumperabv3 said:

"When bitcoin forks on the 15th" .... hasn't it forked already to BTC and BCC ?!

Who makes decisions if Bitcoin should fork or not - I mean who is the decision maker behind this?

28 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

It's a pretty complex process muddled with good information and bad information, opinions etc  so if I were you, check out some videos on YouTube or read some blogs. It's a fustercluck but in short, some power lies in the users and some in the miners. 

the BTC developers have some pull to!

pardon me but, there has been no indication of implementing replay attacks for the upcoming hard fork, how would BTC price even rocket with replay attacks in actions?

Someone please correct my assumption, regards

8 hours ago, jumperabv3 said:

If I tell you that, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to kill you.