Let_her_Ripple

Gatehub receiving 'strike-off' notice

Here is the legislation concerning Companies Act 2006
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/1000

We can see in section 1000(3) the following:

(3)If the registrar—

(a)receives an answer to the effect that the company is not carrying on business or in operation, or

(b)does not within [F714 days] after sending the second [F8communication] receive any answer,

the registrar may publish in the Gazette, and send to the company F9 ..., a notice that at the expiration of [F10 2 months ]from the date of the notice the name of the company mentioned in it will, unless cause is shown to the contrary, be struck off the register and the company will be dissolved.

Seems Gatehub can send Companies House an objection to the striking off so the Action under Section 1000 of the Companies Act 2006 can be temporarily suspended.

I'm hoping Gatehub has the will to continue their great work.

I would think that GateHub has been acquired.

--

Stay away from the Liqui.io exchange

Hi guys,

I guess the answer is yes but, if I have my private key obtained in Gatehub and for some reason Gatehub stops giving service, would I still have access to my XRPs using that private key somewhere else? or that private key is somehow only valid in Gatehub?

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Hi guys,

I guess the answer is yes but, if I have my private key obtained in Gatehub and for some reason Gatehub stops giving service, would I still have access to my XRPs using that private key somewhere else? or that private key is somehow only valid in Gatehub?

Thanks!

Your private key is valid using any ripple client. 

1 minute ago, jargoman said:

Your private key is valid using any ripple client. 

Thanks, that´s what I imagined. Still kinda sketchy to know that Gatehub has access to my private key...

32 minutes ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Thanks, that´s what I imagined. Still kinda sketchy to know that Gatehub has access to my private key...

If you wanted to have more sense of safety you could create another Ripple Wallet, move your funds into it, create a RegularKey for that wallet and import the wallet into Gatehub using the RegularKey.  That way if you ever lost trust in them you could then invalidate the RegularKey and you have effectively removed your wallet from Gatehub and stopped their access.

11 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

If you wanted to have more sense of safety you could create another Ripple Wallet, move your funds into it, create a RegularKey for that wallet and import the wallet into Gatehub using the RegularKey.  That way if you ever lost trust in them you could then invalidate the RegularKey and you have effectively removed your wallet from Gatehub and stopped their access.

Mate. I am not very technical mind. Could u please explain that to me step by step where and how to do this..???