Jump to content
Let_her_Ripple

Gatehub receiving 'strike-off' notice

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Rchopra said:

Mate. I am not very technical mind. Could u please explain that to me step by step where and how to do this..???

 

Just checked the whitepaper of tokens.net and found even luka pusic from gatehub has also gone to tokens.net and his details there state he was partner  there. That combined with  few million dollar hack in their systems does not leave good impressions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rchopra said:

Just checked the whitepaper of tokens.net and found even luka pusic from gatehub has also gone to tokens.net and his details there state he was partner  there. That combined with  few million dollar hack in their systems does not leave good impressions. 

it's the jed type psychology -- if one thing doesn't work out, hop to the next!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rchopra said:

Just checked the whitepaper of tokens.net and found even luka pusic from gatehub has also gone to tokens.net and his details there state he was partner  there. That combined with  few million dollar hack in their systems does not leave good impressions. 

@JoelKatz

@migueli understand that ripple wants xrpholders to stay patient while u r working hard but how can we do that if we can not trust a wallet. Is it too much to ask for a wallet service that is secure and easy to use for average joe because Not everybody is a tech whiz. Happy to wait few months or may be years but atleast arrange an assurance that our xrps would not diminsh because of another Mount gox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zerpdigger said:

it's the jed type psychology -- if one thing doesn't work out, hop to the next!

I get that but where does that leave us...? I dont know why but bitstamp does not seem as safe as gatehub. Can u store xrp in ripple wallet in btstamp..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, gatehub said:

To our valued customers,

We feel it is appropriate that we address the issue with an explanation of the situation to clear up uncertainties and speculation on the matter.

We are in a process of obtaining a payment licence. For that purpose, we have taken extra time to prepare our business accounts for fiscal year 2016 to ensure maximum precision and data accuracy.

On the separate matter, we are on-boarding thousands new user accounts each day. This could in some instances result in high response time. We are still going strong and are scaling our team on best effort basis to assure faster and better user experience.

@gatehubJust wondering why it took 17 hours (since first msg) to come up with this vague statement..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JoelKatz said:

I have no idea if this letter is authentic or not, but I do think I know what it means. What it's saying is that either Gatehub notified the UK Registrar that it was no longer doing business or (much more likely) failed to respond to two notices from the registrar. I don't think these notices are routine and I think they're typically sent if the registrar has some reason to think the company is no longer doing business.

If I had to guess what the most likely meaning of this is, I'd guess that that Gatehub is closing a company called "GATEHUB LIMITED" and is doing business under a different entity. I believe this particular process process (the 1000(3) process referred to in the letter) is only used for companies that have stopped operating.

 

@JoelKatz What wallet would u recommend to an average joe without much tech experience..??? Please answer with all your famous honesty without being diplomatic, as people's hopes, dreams and lives depend on xrp success now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rchopra said:

@JoelKatz

@migueli understand that ripple wants xrpholders to stay patient while u r working hard but how can we do that if we can not trust a wallet. Is it too much to ask for a wallet service that is secure and easy to use for average joe because Not everybody is a tech whiz. Happy to wait few months or may be years but atleast arrange an assurance that our xrps would not diminsh because of another Mount gox.

Get a off-line wallet. Like the Nano S add www.ledgerwallet.com

Ripple as a company has nothing to do with an exchange as Gatehub.

Edited by ooopsa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheBlock said:

Was going to make a deposit tonight but think I'll go elsewhere! 

Cointal has free xrp online wallets. 

Or get a Nano S for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rchopra said:

Mate. I am not very technical mind. Could u please explain that to me step by step where and how to do this..???

 

It depends on the wallet....   but here is a good explanation and how to for the Rippex one:

https://rippex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/209782923-Using-Regular-Keys-Security

Have a read of wallet stuff in the tutorials section and links and our picks....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×