Jump to content
Let_her_Ripple

Gatehub receiving 'strike-off' notice

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Spotted this notice on reddit and had a bit of a dig myself.. turns out it is actually a real thing (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09311138/filing-history). No idea about the implications. I suppose Gatehub XRP wallets are Ledger based, unless you use an exchange wallet to store XRP's.... 

Does anyone know what this means for Gatehub's certainty, trustworthiness, and XRP holdings?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, XRP_FER_ME said:

No so.  I get a response much faster from Kraken.  Gatehub is pretty useless in that regard.

It's funny who has which experience where...

Kraken has been virtually unusable for me for over 6 months. Took months to verify, then couldn't wire anything, then couldn't send anything, then couldn't sell anything (still can't...errors everywhere).

Bitstamp, Gatehub...they were virtually flawless. Fairly quick turnaround and communication. No issues whatsoever. lol.

Not arguing about who is right or wrong, just marveling at the total lack of consistency in the exchange business for crypto...Please god someone fix our pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

It's funny who has which experience where...

Kraken has been virtually unusable for me for over 6 months. Took months to verify, then couldn't wire anything, then couldn't send anything, then couldn't sell anything (still can't...errors everywhere).

Bitstamp, Gatehub...they were virtually flawless. Fairly quick turnaround and communication. No issues whatsoever. lol.

Not arguing about who is right or wrong, just marveling at the total lack of consistency in the exchange business for crypto...Please god someone fix our pain. 

Friend waited for Kraken verification (several months ago) for like 10 days (or so he said).

I waited less than 24h to be verified from zero to Tier 3 and gatehub was working perfectly so far.

Go figure >_>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JoelKatz said:

I have no idea if this letter is authentic or not, but I do think I know what it means.

@JoelKatz Please, if you can comment on this, could you tell us, will common folks be allowed to use BitGo wallet when it is ready?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoelKatz said:

If I had to guess what the most likely meaning of this is, I'd guess that that Gatehub is closing a company called "GATEHUB LIMITED" and is doing business under a different entity. I believe this particular process process (the 1000(3) process referred to in the letter) is only used for companies that have stopped operating.

they had a bank registered in london and another one in... slovenia i think (and god knows where else), so that adds up

it made the whole funds transfer needlessly and frustratingly complicated for brits (and other europeans), and i've read agonising forum posts not knowing which swift/iban or address to use or terrible delays/complications for funds "in transit"

frankly, the whole experience of getting money in/out of gatehub has been a total disaster it seems

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and for those of you who DID have positive gatehub experiences (myself included for the most part), it's worth doing a search for 'gatehub' on this forum and gaping in horror at the endless stream of forum posts from frustrated customers! :D

so i guess it's been ok for some, disaster for others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

and for those of you who DID have positive gatehub experiences (myself included for the most part), it's worth doing a search for 'gatehub' on this forum and gaping in horror at the endless stream of forum posts from frustrated customers! :D

so i guess it's been ok for some, disaster for others

I just had this crazy thought...

What if we could create some sort of system that utilized a technology similar to Bitcoin’s blockchain, maybe a distributed ledger of sorts, that could utilize a digital asset to transfer funds internationally??

I would be willing to bet we could get settlement down to under 6 seconds all while creating total transactional transparency...

Alas, we can only dream...

My how that could change the world...:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoelKatz said:

I have no idea if this letter is authentic or not, but I do think I know what it means. What it's saying is that either Gatehub notified the UK Registrar that it was no longer doing business or (much more likely) failed to respond to two notices from the registrar. I don't think these notices are routine and I think they're typically sent if the registrar has some reason to think the company is no longer doing business.

If I had to guess what the most likely meaning of this is, I'd guess that that Gatehub is closing a company called "GATEHUB LIMITED" and is doing business under a different entity. I believe this particular process process (the 1000(3) process referred to in the letter) is only used for companies that have stopped operating.

 

5

Thanks for the input JK. The additional link I provided is from a gov.uk domain and the letter seems entirely authentic.

Their terms state:

Quote

UK Law Applies.

As a British based company, GateHub is governed by UK law. 

1

I've never had an issue with Gatehub, though it sounds like there are ~one or two unhappy folks. I would hope a formal clarification from GateHub regarding their position is soon to be released. Uncertainty in the crypto space is rarely appreciated, especially in regards to exchanges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...