Dumb

AN OPEN MESSAGE TO RIPPLE LABS

I really don't see what the problem is.  I bought in August, and I'm still 20% up on my investment despite the price lowering.  People who bought a year before me are up way more.  Not sure what other investments out there would have given me 20% within 1-2 months, but there arent many ;)

8 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@Phintech It is a gem.  Don't worry I don't mind educating people on this board.  This is a quote from Garlinghouse that he gave while talking to Fortune Magazine last week. "No, we wouldn’t be cash-flow positive without the XRP sales."  In case you don't know, Garlinghouse is the CEO of Ripple, Inc.  What the quote means is the only way Ripple is making money is selling XRP otherwise Ripple would be losing money.

Actually I’ve had corporate clients reporting a loss in the annual financial report but had a huge positive cash flow ,  as well as clients reporting high profits, but which were pratically bankrupt due to a cash flow deficit. 

Point is: only with a proper annual ( or quarterly) financial report one can analyse how healthy a company is. 

Note: Cash Flow doesn’t equal profit/loss! 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

@Ripple-Stiltskin Yeah well the article basically was about how XRP is a funding vehicle for Ripple.  Kinda the "Ace up their sleeve" is you will.  My point is that Ripple can't support XRP even if they wanted to and I'm sure they do.  They don't have the cash to do so and they are using it's sales to fund their operations.  

2 minutes ago, cuber said:

As long as you aren't sh1tting in the blue cupboard then you're alright :D

Long time no heard that Expression - is that IBM and XLM 2017? :hunter:

Edited by zenkert

Just look at the chart a couple of years back. If they didn't 'support' it at 0.005 they sure as hell are not going to do that at 0.2. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if they want it to drop a bit, so they can manage to distribute it as fast as they have planned to.

@corak I wouldn't think they need a lower price to increase distribution.  The guy that started this thread was upset with Ripple cause of the XRP price, I was just letting him know it's really out of their hands and no one benefits more from a price increase in XRP than Ripple does.  

7 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@Ripple-Stiltskin Yeah well the article basically was about how XRP is a funding vehicle for Ripple.  Kinda the "Ace up their sleeve" is you will.  My point is that Ripple can't support XRP even if they wanted to and I'm sure they do.  They don't have the cash to do so and they are using it's sales to fund their operations.  

Yes, I think that’s right. But I’m wondering if that is abnormal or a bad thing. Searching for a nice analogy here...

They’ve made a beautiful car which they sell with a couple of normal tyres. They also have a huge stock of super-tyres, which make the car fast as hell. Nobody dares to buy the fast tyres until now, it seems risky.  So they’re selling the fast tyres to speculators to earn money to invest at the sales of more cars. And hoping one of the buyers takes car plus fast tyres and set an example for others. 

Not a bad thing I think, but there a risks in doing this and limits ( quantitative and qualitative and in time) . 

A few months ago David Schwatz said they didn't need sales of XRP to keep the lights on....  More recently BG implied they are using XRP funds to pay the bills.

Whats changed?   Well they are opening new offices, hiring new staff, funding a big conference.......   there is no mystery here.  They are the most blessed startup in the history of the world with more strategic reserve than most companies dream of.

I think as a collective we latch on to every little thing and blow them out of proportion....   Ripples fundamentals and technology are solid and promising....  their team is smart and they are making sales in the background that will make us all good profits in future.  I wish we could dial our speculation down from 11 to 9 ....   that might improve the signal-to-noise ratio around here a bit....

Edited by Tinyaccount
Typo

In my opinion you would only see the XRP price spiking if the centralization will stop becoming an issue.

There are too many altcoins out there, Ethereum is one of them, it was "promising" but then it stopped moving over $300, it's now around $290 whereas Bitcoin is almost touching $7,000... so it's not only XRP but also many other altcoins.

Golem was $0.70 and now it's barely $0.20 so it seems like XRP is not going to crash like Golem did but the market is behaving in a way that makes everyone think as if Bitcoin is the only option, and Bitcoin is not instant, it requires confirmations ... Ethereum is faster and its price is sinking as well.

What does it tell you? I honestly don't now, but I just keep HODLing (and why people can't say HOLD but say HODL lol).

Always risk what you can afford to lose.