RegalChicken

Crypto Asset Allocation Percentages

3 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@kanaas  Ok what a bubble is and if BTC is in one aside.  How many people do you know that are in the crypto market.

Over the last few months a lot but all they know about is bitcoin it's everywhere now on the news in the paper all over everywhere.

Everyone I know that just wanted in on crypto has done zero research and bought bitcoin hardly anyone knows of any other coins bit bitcoin now is mainstream.

7 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@zenkert trading btc futures is a horrible idea.

Yeah, I just echo echo echo what Forbes are spreading as the Word - WORD man.
And who listens to that echo, echo, echo, RIGHT?

HALLO, HALLo, HALlo, HAllo, Hallo, hallo -

Edited by zenkert

You will be surprised how mainstream bitcoin is right now when your reading newspaper articles about some grandma who bought bitcoin and triples her life savings and how wallstreet is all buying bitcoin it's safe to say everyone knows about bitcoin.

[mention=15]kanaas[/mention]  Ok what a bubble is and if BTC is in one aside.  How many people do you know that are in the crypto market.

From those that I know personal and from who I do know it: me and one of my two sons

30.75% XRP

11.98% BQX

10.36% OMG

7.32% ARK

7.26% LSK

6.83% NEO

5.28% CVC

4.05% b3coin

2.78% PTOY (whoops)

1.44% steem

(also HODLing a considerable amount of SAFEX, and power ledger ;)

I know it's not proper to talk about other cryptos on this chat and I try not to but I feel this post deserves it.

I shuttle in and out of BTC as opportunities present themselves.  For example, right now b3coin is offering 10,000% annual staking rewards (27% per day), so it makes no sense (fork or not) for me to keep my money in btc when I can have it staking in b3coin until block 80,001 hits and the reward goes down to 100% annually (.27% daily).

Edited by CryptoLearner

9 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@Naki i would be suprised. I know practically no one that knows anything bout crypto. Maybe the people I know might have heard of bitcoin but they don't know what it is and have no idea how to buy it.

I would say that's how this year started off, but now I notice a lot of people I know talking about it, and buying some.  If they are buying, it's generally just Bitcoin, because they want exposure to the asset class in general.  In my experience, most of them have come to it through CNBC, Forbes, etc, but I doubt a lot of them could explain Bitcoin in any detail.  I agree that it is a long way from being mainstream, but it has come a long way this year, in my opinion.