RegalChicken

Crypto Asset Allocation Percentages

8 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:
Dont believe everything that people say here. I doubt many people are 100% in XRP. If I had to go 100% in something that would be BTC but I still prefer to diversify

Its more important to diversify between stocks, low risk funds, life savings and .... crypto. If you do it this way it might be a good idea to pick the right crypto for that part of your portfolio. There’s more chance for crypto to collapse as a whole than just XRP on its own. Looking at it this way, diversifying just within crypto doesn't make sense. At least thats my belief.

Edited by kanaas

11 hours ago, EzXRP said:

Im all in on ripple. Wont be buying more but definitely will not sell. I am happy with my position. I might have bought other alts if my platform offered them but thankfully they dont. 

Me too, bought a lot  at a reasonable price in june , put them safe on my Ledger nano and when the price climbs to € 1,- the Nano goes to a  banksafe.

3 hours ago, kanaas said:

Its more important to diversify between stocks, low risk funds, life savings and .... crypto. If you do it this way it might be a good idea to pick the right crypto for that part of your portfolio. There’s more chance for crypto to collapse as a whole than just XRP on its own. Looking at it this way, diverify just within crypto doesnt make sense. At least thats my belief

I didn't say that XRP would collapse but maybe it doesn't go as high as we expect... That's why it is important to diversify even in crypto. But yes, I also own other investments other than crypto.

3 hours ago, kanaas said:

There’s more chance for crypto to collapse as a whole than just XRP on its own.

I would think the total opposite.  I'd put odds of Ripple not succeeding at  >50%.  I'd put the odds of the whole crypto market collapsing at <10%.

16 hours ago, ytterligare said:

May I respectfully ask why LTC ?

Just to be sure not to miss anything...

I think LTC is a better version of BTC. It's inexpensive to transact, and moves incredibly fast. It has a good community and there are strong developments around it. (check out the lightning network, and atomic swaps). Charlie Lee, the creator, has created a situation that really interests me.  He worked for Coinbase for awhile when Litecoin was added to their exchange offerings (interesting...) and now is working 100% on Litecoin.  It's trading sideways during these BTC forks, while BTC skyrockets. I think LTC has a lot of room to run when the fork drama is past us.  I think LTC has just as much potential as BTC.

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

I would think the total opposite.  I'd put odds of Ripple not succeeding at  >50%.  I'd put the odds of the whole crypto market collapsing at <10%.

Don't know why you think that, but I've learned during my 62y of living to stick to facts and that succes always has a hard reason and that, while those building on their businesses may or even must dream big, an investor better behaves the opposite by not following his dreams. That said, Bitcoin, entailed by all the others, has to many flaws, or to have eternal support, or to build out big dreams. Store of value makes me laugh as BTC and all the other coins invented their own value on the exchanges. None of them by usage. Comparing them with fiat, gold, silver, whatever... it's just ridiculous. Precious metals always had and always will have a use case as "a material" what gives it intrinsic value, something Bitcoin is lacking. So forget about being digital gold, at best it's a golden bubble....
I've no problem with investing (gambling) in a bubble but one has to understand the difficulty to jump out in time as the end usually comes unexpected and fast...

There are, as far as today, only 2 credible exceptions: ETH and XRP (and even XLM if you want, but I've zero belief in their business plan and team)
ETH still has to proof how it can justify a large capitalisation on its use case being smart contracts.
And XRP still has to do the same for its use case as bridge and reserve token asset.

Looking at both of those two selected, XRP is closest to a breakthrough on its goals and has best chances to make smooth moves and improvements into present economic structures - global, developed AND developing.

So from the whole bubble, with only those two with a possible base in a regulated environment (I've no belief in other environments) ETH still has some uncertainties and some long way to go. While XRP really is knocking on the door of global acceptance. THAT is my reason to fill in the crypto place in my portfolio with just XRP and not even ETH (not yet at least)

Voila, that's my DD and deduction being as good as possible based on hard facts, and not just based on hopes, dreams and hypes....

Edited by kanaas

5 hours ago, kanaas said:

Its more important to diversify between stocks, low risk funds, life savings and .... crypto.

I think it is better to diversify between crypto and algo driven futures - makes your crypto volatility look less scary. :-D

But you don't have to take my word for it.

DU0atrS.jpg.0ec6dabee7a824bc7320a1379c0856c1.jpg

100% XRP for me.  The biggest reason I am drawn to Ripple (other than the tech behind it) is the partnerships and the customer networking they are focusing on right now.  Building those relationships in the enterprise market takes a lot of time and those customers are more than happy to get involved if they see realistic benefit behind the tech.  They wouldn't waste their time if they didn't see value in the product in relation to their businesses and the overall market potential.

@kanaas Couldn't disagree more on all counts  - owning only XRP, the bubble, the digital gold comparison and creating it's own value. I own XRP too so we are on the same side - we both want it to succeed.  The cool thing about this is I doubt we'll have to wait long to find out which one of us is right.  

My Views -

BTC is a store of value,

BTC is not in a bubble,

BTC will at least double within a year actually thinking it can go 5X

There are tremendous opportunities in other Tokens which I'm betting will go up Namely NEO, OMG, ETH, LTC, UBIQ (There are many coins I would like to own) 

XRP has tremendous potential and I think we hit $1 in 2018

BTC will at least double within a year actually thinking it can go 5X

So it goes with a bubble.... it blows up until it blasts.... and of course Bitcoin is a store of value, but the right question to ask here is WHAT value? Can go from zero to 1M but there is, and prob never will be, an indication of a figure that justifies a level of its value.

So it simply has all features of a bubble...
I’ve seen them enough during the dotcom craze when all those tech stocks became.... a store of value [emoji57]
Looking back, some indeed were valuable... but not just because everybody was buying them... it were those that had and still have a bit more to offer than being a “blablabla.com”

Try to take a more distant look because when you take place in a bubble you cannot see it anymore ....

@kanaas  BTC has all the features of a bubble??? dotcom craze??  how many people did you know that owned tech stocks during the dotcom bubble.  Well I lived through it too and everyone I knew owned tech stocks at the time.  How many people do you know that own bitcoin????  Other than the people I've told about it, I know one other person that owns it, and he's 19.  Hardly anyone knows anything about crypto.  To compare this to the dotcom craze when everyone had an Ameritrade or E-Trade account is just ridiculous   How can it be a bubble if hardly anyone owns it???

[mention=15]kanaas[/mention]  BTC has all the features of a bubble??? dotcom craze??  how many people did you know that owned tech stocks during the dotcom bubble.  Well I lived through it too and everyone I knew owned tech stocks at the time.  How many people do you know that own bitcoin????  Other than the people I've told about it, I know one other person that owns it, and he's 19.  Hardly anyone knows anything about crypto.  To compare this to the dotcom craze when everyone had an Ameritrade or E-Trade account is just ridiculous   How can it be a bubble if hardly anyone owns it???

Cant help that this is how I honestly feel about it.....

Btw.... a bubble is not blowing up by people that know the asset, neither by those that do not know about it.... but by all that love to see how it grows with them being part of it, after taking place inside the bubble....