XdmXrp

Ripple and XRP not what I (we?) thought

1 hour ago, XdmXrp said:

and other people in the XRP Chat community contributing less is concerning.

I think most of the old timers cashed out after the huge rise... But dont worry there will be another big swell in a few years

8 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

i think the problem is people expect to become rich overnight with crypto. people become bored when the price doesn't move. with stocks, you hold for 20-40 years until you retire. just hold, get off the forums, and live a life.

I'm not excepting that at all. I am expecting positive news to help and not hurt XRP. I am expecting Ripple to keep in mind their words (Twitter) when promoting things. I am expecting a community to stick together.

But maybe you're right. My expectations aren't being met and I'd down on Ripple. I could really care less about the price. It's the small things as they say..

It was unavoidable that they would have to go corporate. It legitimizes them further, despite the hatred they get.

Some things like discipline, hierarchy and control are necessary. There is no perfect form of organization that would cover all scenarios, and being methodical and cryptic can be necessary at times. 

18 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

Have you started the Hyperledger course? Pretty interesting, right? I think it will give a better overview of blockchain, right? And the Brian repeatedly saying, "right" is really annoying, right? 

I’m planning on starting tonight! Cool, right? LOL

10 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

My time. I’ve spent an inordinate amount of it on Ripple, for no particular reason. 

I understand.  I got to where you are at a few months ago when we kept hovering at .17 and while I still HODL my xrp, I have a lot of other gems in my portfolio I think have the potential to outshine XRP in the shorter term.  

6 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

I understand.  I got to where you are at a few months ago when we kept hovering at .17 and while I still HODL my xrp, I have a lot of other gems in my portfolio I think have the potential to outshine XRP in the shorter term.  

I bought in 2012/13. I rarely even look at the price of XRP. 

I want to do things and learn and be part of a community (that is wanted and has resources). It’s no longer rewarding to keep interjecting myself in Ripple related things that have nothing to do with me, haha. It feels a bit like unrequited love. Definitely time to find new interests! 

33 minutes ago, Morty said:

But the conversation does seem to be on a repeating loop. Newbies now are worried about what I was worried about 2 years ago. 

This is so true. It’s even beginning affecting me, as a newbie after just 2 months on XRP chat. 

But OP is also talking about something else, namely the relationship between Ripple and the ( our) community. Even @TiffanyHayden seems somehow disappointed in Ripple and/or this community. 

Anyway, before Swell I had high, maybe very onrealistic, expectations about how Ripple cares about this community. After Swell I was disappointed, I still don’t know exactly why ( I’m not talking about XRP here). Guess I was way to naive, this is business, we aren’t their friends. I notice that a lot of “ oldtimers” who were daily on this chat before Swell, are disappeared 100% right after.

But.......still I think that there aren’t many coins that have a community like this one, maybe none. It’s just evolving, people come, people go.  And the price goes up and down.

6 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Anyway, before Swell I had high, maybe very onrealistic, expectations about how Ripple cares about this community. After Swell I was disappointed, I still don’t know exactly why ( I’m not talking about XRP here). Guess I was way to naive, this is business, we aren’t their friends. I notice that a lot of “ oldtimers” who were daily on this chat before Swell, are disappeared 100% right after.

Agree. Same here. But still, I truly believe that Ripple is doing fckg great job on tech side. Swell was mostly for Ripple as a company. XRP will follow I believe. Lets give them some time :) Ripple is not an rollercoster like bitcoin is :P Ripple is building something huge and it takes time! Building huge company is like running marathon not 5km sprint.

Edited by LukaszH

1 hour ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I’m planning on starting tonight! Cool, right? LOL

Hey what course are you referring to? I'm trying to play around with hyperledger fabric at the moment so would love another learning resource.

Lets get excited again people! This is a huge challenge Ripple has undertaken and it will take time to come to fruition. They are on the right track.

SBI explains the how they are benefiting by using XRP from pages  112 to 114.http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/171026presentations.pdf

Edited by zerpr
inserted the link incorrectly.

3 hours ago, XdmXrp said:

Ripple and XRP is definitely not what I thought it was. Ripple seems to be very aggressive at trying to accomplish their goal of making XRP the standard. However,  it doesn't seem that they care how their actions affect the price of XRP and maybe they don't. 

I'm still invested but I am losing confidence. Seeing people like R8 fade away and other people in the XRP Chat community contributing less is concerning.

Am I alone?

i think the opposite. i think many veterans that are long hodlers just dont feel the need to post here anymore. i think confidence in what they own speaks volumes.