SBI Holdings Financial Results Released (March 31st - September 30th).

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2017 at 10:14 AM, Let_her_Ripple said:

SBI Group has recently acquired a 40% stake in bcause. http://www.bcause.com/?p=358

The derivatives platform, bcause, intends to begin with Bitcoin, but will have Eth and XRP eventually. Significant. 

Investopedia reakons:

I doubt it will, but this information should shut down the 'market cap restricting price growth' argument.

Hi, sorry to exhume this old post, but I'm curious as to your source regarding bcause's plan to launch a bitcoin product (futures contract?) first, and then follow with ETH and XRP?  

"Started operations of the proprietary trading system (PTS) “B-market” for Japanese Government Bonds

Enables executions that are faster, cheaper, and more transparent than the traditional OTC market"

Do we know any more on this PTS system from SBI? It sounds much like Corda settler. 

"Spotify, a major company offering an online music distribution service • Acquried Mediachain, a startup involved in blockchain • In the future, planning to pay royalties to a wide range of music rights holders, utilizing blockchain"

Related to Scooter Braun and his recent tweets?

On 3/22/2019 at 12:30 PM, Simoun said:

Hi, sorry to exhume this old post, but I'm curious as to your source regarding bcause's plan to launch a bitcoin product (futures contract?) first, and then follow with ETH and XRP?

No probs. I wish I could tell you where I got that info from. Perhaps the "http://www.bcause.com/?p=358" page, which no longer exists, had it. I've also tried - unsuccessfully - to use the Wayback Machine to recover the page.

Sorry!

4 minutes ago, Let_her_Ripple said:

No probs. I wish I could tell you where I got that info from. Perhaps the "http://www.bcause.com/?p=358" page, which no longer exists, had it. I've also tried - unsuccessfully - to use the Wayback Machine to recover the page.

Sorry!

Ah, well thanks for checking!  I have no reason to disbelieve you.  It's interesting to me because the idea of starting with a bitcoin futures contract and then adding others would be consistent with what Bakkt has said it will do.  Looks like bcause actually named XRP as part of the iine-up, at least at one point in time.  Now that bcause is moving forward, we shall see if that's still part of the plan.  

There are also several other questions too including:  1) will it be cash or actual asset delivery; and 2) what will be bcause's settlement mechanism.  Putting my speculating hat on, if SBI is 40% in on this, I imagine some attempt or consideration in positioning XRP as either a product or part of the back-end solution for settling.  Hell, why not both?  But we'll see.