The next altcoin bubble is here.

I think we're juat about to see the massess flood out of bitcoin.  Good to see that xrp is finally getting dragged along with the momentum.... 

Screenshot_20171024-202931.png

I've been waiting for this for a long time. When the masses will realize Bitcoin will never go anywhere, its whole capitalization might flow overnight into DASH (most usable retail currency for now) and XRP.

(given that Ethereum is not a currency, it is a technology for smart contracts and Monero is not user-friendly at all)

What will make this happen is that the whole infrastructure that has been built around Bitcoin (ATMs, cards, exchanges, gateways, wallets, etc) is quickly turning into multicurrency. Then it will be a free market and the best (XRP and DASH) will win.

1 hour ago, OffGrid said:

I've been waiting for this for a long time. When the masses will realize Bitcoin will never go anywhere, its whole capitalization might flow overnight into DASH (most usable retail currency for now) and XRP.

(given that Ethereum is not a currency, it is a technology for smart contracts and Monero is not user-friendly at all)

I hope you get what you've been waiting for, I sincerely do. It doesn't look like this has shaken Bitcoin a huge amount though, yet. I'd love to see it 10% down at least. There's a lot going around about how BTG is supposed to be badly built so hopefully that comes into play.

Unfortunately though, I think 80% of those pumping money into the market don't actually know what any of the coins do. I see them heading west with their chickens on the back of their wagon, hoping they'll strike gold.

My best hope is that those in the know make the right moves into alts (ahem, XRP) and the other 80% see Bitcoin as exhausted and follow.

20 minutes ago, FunkyGiraffe said:

Unfortunately though, I think 80% of those pumping money into the market don't actually know what any of the coins do. I see them heading west with their chickens on the back of their wagon, hoping they'll strike gold.

This.

What's funny is most people bought near ATH so that they get a free coin - which is valuated at around 150 bucks, will probably be much less once trading is enabled on more exchanges.

Not saying that BTC won't continue to rise in the future, but to me the whole switch to a coin to get 'free' 150$ seems stupid.

Edited by iLeeT

Early predictions show bitcoin gold being valued at near enough 1k.... i have no reason to doubt that given the bitcoin cash inception price. 

i think for "newbies" in crypto and i use newbies very loosely because people who are hearing about the growth of bitcoin are just throwing money into it with 0 knowledge. i also see people throwing money into ico's that get advertisements on their social media platforms.

i just bash my head against the wall, but for those in the crypto community i hope XRP will keep being adopted by more and more

3 hours ago, Skippy said:

Hard to say. Most probably wait for the SegWit2x fork happening in.. 2 weeks? 

When BCH forked, Bitcoin didn't even flinch. So will this be different? 

Fork should happen around mid November... Around 3-1/2 to 4 weeks.

Upcoming Bitcoin fork involving 2xbtc should be worse if as many people participate on the upcoming Fork as they did on the Bitcoin gold related fork because the 2xbtc developers are not actively enforcing transaction replay protection on the 2x network leaving legacy Bitcoin holders transacting in 2xbtc after the hard fork vulnerable to replay transactions via malicious actors/hackers if the people transacting in the 2xbtc chain/network are not aware of this or opt-in for the replay transaction protection but screw up the process in some way... I'm really curious to see how many 2xbtc users trying to cash out after the fork in mid November will screw this up... On the other hand.. if you're deliberately accumulating BTC before the hard Fork with the determination of cashing out your 2X BTC eventually, then chances are you know what you're doing and you're aware of the opt-in on the 2x BTC Network and will take care of it properly when cashing out your 2xbtc so as to not potentially screw up your legacy BTC holdings.

Edited by enrique11

45 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

I did participate in this fork (accidentally since I did not get the altcoin price I wanted and I'm still waiting to trade my BTC) but won't mess with the next one.. Don't know if Bitcoin will come out as shiny after the next fork... Too many forks and next one will likely be the most potentially harmful fork toward legacy BTC network and it's price.. not to say that will necessarily be the case that such damage is actually caused.

Edited by enrique11

It sounds like BTG is a complete mess. The code is unfinished, unreleased, not supported by major wallets or exchanges, the dev team will mine 100,000 coins (WTF?) before the software is released and the website is currently being DDoS'd.

Bitcoin should come out of it smelling like $#!^ but will probably stay smelling of roses, after all, apparently it is the only TRUE crypto:nea:

1 hour ago, tartankiwi said:

Early predictions show bitcoin gold being valued at near enough 1k.... i have no reason to doubt that given the bitcoin cash inception price. 

How so? BTG is currently being traded at 120$ on Bitfinex?

15 hours ago, iLeeT said:

How so? BTG is currently being traded at 120$ on Bitfinex?

Really?  Thats far lower than i think anyone expected.  I was going off a couple of youtube blogs and previous action with bitcoin cash.  Guess i have to put my hand up and say i was way out!  

Although watching datadash today the price was shown atound the $400. Thats a pretty catastrophic drop!Screenshot_20171025-121302.thumb.png.3b05bdb95189d2a88bb552422786b1f8.png