Mitcheeb

Sea of Red

Looking at the sea of read out there its like the bots are culling the masses in readiness for something... not sure whats on the horizon here but looking very very interesting/spooky... like that tension chord... then BAM !... 

maybe... the hard fork is nothing new these days...     the prince...  well thats one country... so no big deal...  
something else is lurking here...  a big paradigm shift...  huge manipulation me thinks./.

Edited by Mitcheeb

46 minutes ago, MilgramsD said:

To risk few thousands for to make few millions? I am in......

OMG How many times I have seen this!

Never refuse to use your critical thinking.

18 minutes ago, nickphil said:

OMG How many times I have seen this!

Never refuse to use your critical thinking.

My friend is exactly upon my critical thinking that I have done my investment choice on XRP. The technology, the market sector they choose and a very long-term horizon ( 5-8 years). Analyzed the different scenarios, from the worst to the best, of all crypto segment. Valuated all my investment portfolio ( International stocks, Bonds, Forex) I arrived at the conclusion that the only Cryptocurrency to have in my asset was XRP. Not CFD speculation long or short with Leverages or Ethereum or Bitcoins.... So maybe my post was read as too much " Emotional" I get it.... But you know sometimes......  ;)

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

what an utter joke this has all become with all these forks

The nature of open source is to foster forks as part of the heuristic process.

I consider Bitcoin beta software seeking for a mature version.

Bitcoin Gold allows to diversify mining from 2,000 USD plus ASIC hardware units down to 300 USD GPU graphics card.

An idea worth exploring? Let's see what the market decides.

32 minutes ago, 7Sol said:

The nature of open source is to foster forks as part of the heuristic process.

I consider Bitcoin beta software seeking for a mature version.

Bitcoin Gold allows to diversify mining from 2,000 USD plus ASIC hardware units down to 300 USD GPU graphics card.

An idea worth exploring? Let's see what the market decides.

The thing is, there are already alternatives (I don't know which are good for eg GPU mining, but there sure are). The fact you fork the legacy Bitcoin, does nothing else but create a new alt coin.

Edited by Skippy

And they dare criticize vanilla financial markets and economy building at the state level. The Bitcoin community and its fracturing will be its own undoing.

There is no such thing as a free lunch. Someone always pays.

2 hours ago, iLeeT said:

BCH seems like will be hard forking as well

BCH "fork" is an upgrade from within the ABC team who started Bitcoin Cash in the first place.

Mainstream investing knows about hostile buyouts vs. friendly.

In a curse way to look at it, BCH would be a friendly buyout vs. Bitcoin Gold "hostile" / competitive.

The SegWit proposal is the backbone for non decentralized side chains for the benefice, some argue,  of those making the proposal, corporate interests.

The real clone / fork turns out to be the Bitcoin we all know, adding support for the centralized paradigm, whereas  Bitcoin Cash is the original classic Bitcoin which has increased blocksize several times before to increase transaction capacity.

"Bitcoin core" developers are financed through MIT Media Lab's Digital Currency Initiative, Blockstream, Chaincode Labs Inc, Ciphrex, BTCC , all startups.

What is the specific business urgency to adopt Segwit vs. sticking with the blocksize increase, the original Bitcoin solution to increase throughput? If anything insisting on not doing it stiffles Bitcoin bandwith.

Why not increase the number of lanes and resolve today's traffic issue on the grounds that it does not solve future bandwidth needs? Business minded people fix revenue generating blocks now, then come up with a plan for the future.

Bitcoin core devs have insisted on doing the reverse. One can argue as the net result people started using other chains when transfer speed matter: XRP, LTC, DASH.

Can CoinDesk, a main blockchain news outlet, acquired by Digital Currency Group be a candidate for independent journalism?

There are two options to the investor

• relay news and opinions
  • verify who says what and assess

Once again we are kept hostage by the opportunists and gamblers thinking Bitcoin Gold will be a huge success. Just ride it out, we will bounce up once they are done.

People have been dumping altcoins like Ripple, pretty much all of them, to buy Bitcoin because they will get Bitcoin Gold once the fork is official. What many of them dont know is that big exhanges like Bittrex and others doesnt support Bitcoin Gold yet, and may never. Within the Bitcoin community they see Gold as a scam because the devs have premined blocks before it goes live.

In addition we will have another fork in November, called Segwith2X, which also many doesnt support. We have Bitcoin cash, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Gold and then B2X, all suddenly happening within a year. 

Also there are talks from certain groups to attack the network with a majority attack to destroy one of the forks.

Bitcoin is facing some real division at the moment, and who knows the future of the coin.

Edited by Cloudfire