xrpwillrise

XRP-II benefits XRP? Yes, no, maybe so?

Happy Saturday all! 

I am looking for some input as to the direct or indirect benefits of XRP-II sales on XRP. Any knowledge/insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Is XRP-II basically "wholesale" XRP sold to banks/partners to cut deals and/or provide incentives? 

As an XRP investor, should we find news of increased XRP-II sales as a good thing? If so, why?

#thankyouinadvance #noobalert 

Edited by xrpwillrise

Hi @xrpwillrise - welcome! XRP II is just the name of the legal entity that was granted the NY Bitlicense, in order to sell Ripple's XRP to institutions. Higher sales volumes from XRP II are generally a good sign in my view, as it implies demand from institutionals and/or new partnership incentives. 

1 hour ago, calex960 said:

hey @joelkatz in a couple months i have an entrepreneurship project for my marketing class at cart(.org). I was thinking about creating a marketing campaign for Ripple and sell xrp as an investment at the showcase. I would state many of the facts i know to create a drive for people wanting to invest( i will have to do a presentation at the showcase). Just wanted to let you know, i will be sure to post pictures and maybe a video of my presentation on xrpchat :)

sure to mention that Ripple is the only cryptocurrency seeking regulatory capture, since regulation is going to be the main barrier from the crypto ecosystem growing further.

Thank you, @JoelKatz for your ongoing support, honesty and openness whenever possible. We, the Ripple enthusiasts, couldn't have wished for a better and more knowledgeable liaison officer.

As I've been saying since 2013, XRP will in the end thrive as both the concept, business case and implementing team are truly sound. And if mistakes are made (who doesn't make mistakes sometimes? I do!) then they get corrected. I look forward to seeing where we stand, say, 5 years from now. It's going to be a queeste to remember.

I hail thee for thy many works!

To you,

Ahhrgg!

9 hours ago, JoelKatz said:

To date, none of that money has been used to pay dividends to investors.

However, at the end of the day, everything gets mixed under one balance sheet item....

22 hours ago, JoelKatz said:

I felt a little bummed with the price drop during Swell, to be honest. But I know rationally that the price goes up and the price goes down and the short term prices don't really matter all that much.

As far as Ripple's execution goes, I feel better now than I ever have. Even the FUD now pretty much assumes that we'll take over payments. Now they just claim that still somehow that won't ever be reflected in the price of XRP. When you have moved the goalposts so far that your naysayers assume your startup will dominate a multibillion dollar industry, I'd say you've pretty much won.

I think they either do nothing or add. Unless a new walled garden takes over the world, walled gardens will always need bridging to other walled gardens. We need faster payments everywhere we can get them because with slow payments, fast settlement doesn't much matter.

I hope at some point we can announce xRapid volume. You should see it reflected in the reported XRP volume everywhere too. Just the commitments we have now should increase XRP volume by about 10% once they're in production. And we've just barely started trying to push xRapid. Only a very small percentage of XRP volume is Ripple off market transactions, and xRapid transactions should be on market, that is, visible, open, and increasing trade volume.

Thanks.

As I said, I honestly feel more encouraged now than ever before. Sure, I'd like to see a higher price for XRP, but I'm definitely playing the long game.

@JoelKatz@JoelKatzl

Luv u for ur straightforwardness bro. Just few questions

I had heard u were working on wallet so any update on it ..? As we definitely need a trustworthy wallet.

@JoelKatzIf u have to advise your relative or friend( as mentioned in previous posts that u advised some of ur friends to put money into xrp)   which wallet do u think they should put  xrp  in..? (for somebody who is not tech friendly and wallet is still safe ) 

Edited by Rchopra