When The Bitcoin Bubble Pops, Will XRP Reign As Supreme Currency?

On 10/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, calex960 said:

ok, we all have to admit, bitcoin is perfect bubble material, which is a bunch of idiots buying at a price to sell to the next idiot who wants to sell it even higher. Bitcoin is slow and has expensive fees. and bitcoin is heavily driven by speculation. nobody is buying bitcoin because of a new feature or partnership, just bought to sell to a speculative trader.

That bubble has to pop, and pop soon. because ripple is making real and big progress i can see a huge price jump for ripple when bitcoin pops

AND people laundering money AND being forced to buy it to invest in other cryptos. Two very real use cases, (for now).

4 hours ago, Montoya said:

Seeing and controlling are two very different things. And seeing is not always what it's cracked up to be. Maybe I don't want people seeing my transactions....Regardless, I think you need to read up on what capitalism is if you believe blockchain is not a full-throated embodiment of it. 

Not really, by virtue of being able to see every transaction on a ledger, everyone controls the truth of that ledger -   everyone has to agree on the absolutes of every transaction or the system can't exist.  That's the basis of blockchain.  Take XRP,   I don't care what you do with or how you spend your xrp, no one does, but whether you like it or not, every transaction you make leaves a signature to show that X amount of your xrp has left your ownership and has been transfered elsewhere.  

In respect of capitalism, yes there are some similarities.  I.e. a singer/songwriter releasing their material on blockchaim and taking full control and ownership of their work for a profit of their choosing - but you eliminate a lot of the negatives such as corruption, fraud, and greed. 

What do you think about the current system - Do you think it's sustainable?  Do you think capitalism will be the dominant system 10/20 years down the line? 

IMO. i don't know if there is a bubble in bitcoin, but im pretty sure that this rise is not for real acceptation. This rise is just demand to fill the HF's and cash out easy money.

We are are going to have to wait until late November for the last HF and see the real levels in 2018.

IMO again...bitcoin can reach 10k, 20k but the price will never be for real acceptation, just for merely speculation.....sad but true...being honest i got bitcoin just for the speculation and wallet diversification.

When Bitcoin bubble will pop, if investors are rational (which they are not) most of the money might actually go into Dash.

As XRP is not being developed for retail use but for institutional users, the currency which actually fulfills Bitcoin's promise is Dash.

The XRP community still lacks of developers to create solutions ased around the retail use of XRP.

Edited by OffGrid

10 minutes ago, OffGrid said:

When Bitcoin bubble will pop, if investors are rational (which they are not) most of the money might actually go into Dash.

As XRP is not being developed for retail use but for institutional users, the currency which actually fulfills Bitcoin's promise is Dash.

The XRP community still lacks of developers to create solutions ased around the retail use of XRP.

XRP doesn't have to have retail use. It is not meant for that.

Maybe in the far future, but that is definetly not the requirement for XRP's success.

One way to keep bubbles from not popping is to put some glycerol in the liquid. Glycerol increases the viscosity of the solution, thus making it harder for gravity to make the bubbles uneven vertically. Lubricants are even better.

Adding a bit of sugar will decrease the vaporising of the bubbles so they will last longer.

With this recipe, I have created HUGE bubbles (which children and other childish (or naive) people love). If the air is moist, these HUGE bubbles can last practically forever, they float away until nobody sees them and can witness them pop.

7 minutes ago, Skippy said:

One way to keep bubbles from not popping is to put some glycerol in the liquid. Glycerol increases the viscosity of the solution, thus making it harder for gravity to make the bubbles uneven vertically. Lubricants are even better.

Adding a bit of sugar will decrease the vaporising of the bubbles so they will last longer.

With this recipe, I have created HUGE bubbles (which children and other childish (or naive) people love). If the air is moist, these HUGE bubbles can last practically forever, they float away until nobody sees them and can witness them pop.

The 100+ banks and Cuallix ARE the Glycerol

SBI IS the Sugar

and Swift IS the Moist Air

Together they make XRP the strongest bubble of them all. And Ripple is carefully adding the final concrete powder to it as we speak, making sure it does not pop yet will turn it into a solid ball making it last for a VERY long time.

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

XRP doesn't have to have retail use. It is not meant for that.

Maybe in the far future, but that is definetly not the requirement for XRP's success.

While I agree, I think that's one of aspects that will "see life" if Ripple/XRP succeeds in it's plan.

3 hours ago, OffGrid said:

That will be for Stellar, XRP doesn't rely on community, and XRP is not for retail....i dont understand your comments... are totally contradictories of what Ripple (XRP) does.