Sign in to follow this  
T8493

Ripple had another (undisclosed) funding round in 2017?

Nice find :D

- Blockchain Capital has built an unrivaled network of entrepreneurs, advisors, and limited partners who are on the front lines of this fast moving sector of Fintech. The principals of the firm believe that Blockchain technology is a profound invention that offers a better, faster, cheaper way to move money and exchange assets without counterparty risk.

- J.J. Sowers Angel Investor

I'm a bit skeptical of this data- 6 months after their B round means they would of had to start fundraising around the time they just closed their last round in Sep 2016.   Also not so sure IDG/GV would willingly pass on participation of future rounds.

More likely bringing on new board members rather than new raise.

I mean why go through the "effort" (legal work etc) for a funding round and not just sell more XRP.

Maybe I'm trying to read too much into it but I'm glad to see persons wanting in. ^_^

50 minutes ago, bb101 said:

I mean why go through the "effort" (legal work etc) for a funding round and not just sell more XRP.

Maybe I'm trying to read too much into it but I'm glad to see persons wanting in. ^_^

It is not in RIpple's best interest to depress price.  They need price higher with good liquidity to encourage XRP adoption.  If someone comes to them saying they want to invest in Ripple, and Ripple can get good terms, no reason not to take it.  They need the community to have confidence in XRP otherwise there is no one really supporting price at this moment.  If they came out and said they sold 5% of the daily volume of XRP per day, community would be very angry.  Or at least me.  Just my opinion.