Did you not see the ask Brad segment with sound?

Konan45

5 minutes ago, DoGGa8 said:

When under NDA you basically can't say anything. That's exactly what he did.

Just hint to eveyone, in life in general this means yes and they have arrangement not to disclose before a certain date.

The Alipay and Coinbase response are more indicative of nothing solid in the works, the first two may as well be an announcement. Could be wrong though.

13 minutes ago, Konan45 said:

Just hint to eveyone, in life in general this means yes and they have arrangement not to disclose before a certain date.

Just curious, what would the answer "suffice it to say yes" to the question "any big announcement during swell?" mean in life in general? :)
Trying to read between the lines can be dangerous...

Edited by 7strings

29 minutes ago, Konan45 said:

He basically said outright they are working with Visa/Amex and Uber/Airbnb and will announce it when they are ready.

So, this is how I read it. He answered those questions first, he didn't have to answer those questions at all, let alone make them so prominent in the chat. They can't go public with any announcements yet because their partners aren't ready to announce, so he seemed to confirm some partnerships exist.

He also pretty much confirmed Alipay has nothing to do with XRP/ Ripple.

Edited by deadestfish

10 minutes ago, 7strings said:

Just curious, what would the answer "suffice it to say yes" to the question "any big announcement during swell?" mean in life in general? :)
Trying to read between the lines can be dangerous...

I have to assume it was the Gates Foundation at this point. 

Which is ironic because any other time that may have been some of the biggest news theyve ever released. If there was no swell and that came out of nowhere we probably couldve seen a 20% jump.

I agree with you @deadestfish seems to be something there.

The first thing you do before you engage a third party customer or vendor in a commercial setting is get an NDA/Confidentiality Agreement in place.  So he is right to say there are "confidentialities," though it was a weird way of saying it.  However, just because you sign an NDA, doesn't mean the subsequent discussions were fruitful or that plans evolved towards a trial agreement and negotiating a commercial agreement. However, I think it is important to note the contrast with how he responded to the questions about Coinbase and Alipay. It also led me to believe there is potentially something going on with one of Visa/Amex/Uber/Airbnb.

I honestly think he handled some really difficult questions with regards to XRP very well. I'm not so naive to think that he wasn't primed what those questions would be prior to the Q&A session however they were answered positively with a sense of optimism without violating any disclosure agreements which may be in place.

7 minutes ago, EggsArePee said:

Most of us:

giphy.gif.686dae6c43667cbad87e32a774290fbd.gif

--

But I do like how he answered the Visa/Amex questions :) I would guess they're probably in really early stages, and I do think the Amex email photo we saw last week is real.

what photo? link?