dreventures

My concluding thoughts on Swell

17 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

Garlinghouse must resign.

I don't agree at all. Brad is a sincere, honest guy, I have nothing against him, even if I have doubts about XRP, he is definitely the person to lead Ripple

Edited by JigglyJelly

13 hours ago, Khaleesi said:

Your disappointment is obvious and you are entitled to it. ‘I’asked that now infamous question on Quora about any significant announcements ‘during’ SWELL. The nuances of English are such that a simple change from ‘during’ to ‘at’ could have changed the answer completely. I believe (in hindsight) Brad answered correctly and without deception. There was indeed a significant announcement made ‘during’ SWELL it just took place at a different location. That location being SIBOS was (in my opinion) an incredible coup d’eta on behalf of Ripple. I’m sure it got the SIBOS attendees talking about Ripple.

If it wasn’t just the nuances of English causing a misunderstanding then I prefer to believe that an unanticipated situation occurred to cause a delay of any additional announcements. They (like us) are only human and sh** happens. 

This announcement is huge and the follow on has massive potential for Ripple...

800ADFCA-78C8-4AB9-AEAD-009EAF5E3181.thumb.jpeg.9d8749b00fa4074c6e1fbf3db73747ae.jpeg

https://www.coindesk.com/gates-foundation-use-ripple-interledger-tech-mobile-payments-push/

Problem is Brad said "tune in to the livestream", this was announced before the conference.

Oh, and Bill Gates is crap.

55 minutes ago, JigglyJelly said:

I don't agree at all. Brad is a sincere, honest guy, I have nothing against him, even if I have doubts about XRP, he is definitely the person to lead Ripple

Provided that he recognizes the big mistakes that were made, and learns from that. If he does not, and thinks evything went swell, then he is not the right person.

13 hours ago, Sebastian said:

Perhaps in the future Ripple should not make announcements about announcements.  Perhaps they should just make announcements. :)

Oops... they did it again...

"In the fourth quarter, we’ll announce additional xRapid partnerships" (Ripple Insights)

Just now, mrenne_17 said:

"In the fourth quarter, we’ll announce additional xRapid partnerships" (Ripple Insights)

LOL.  I noticed that too.  My first thought was "have they learned nothing?"  :)

Garlinghouse is doing exactly what Larson has asked him to do. The lack of performance or perceived accomplishments at Swell is a function of both of them.

Ripple has really screwed up. Inviting big boring names like Bernanke and Berniers-Lee who delivered on the boring - does not accomplish anything.

Silly Ripple executive people.

Ripple should be run by people from the technical side of the organization, as they will have a more informed view as to what is achievable in given timeframes, and NOT be subject to grandstanding.

If Garlibghouse is not concerned about XRP prices in the short term, then Ripple is going to be upstaged by Stellar. Stellar partners in Asia will be interested in the price of XLM.

Buy Stellar.

Silly Brad Garlibghouse. I have never been a fan of Yahoo or AOL leadership of anything. These companies have not performed for good reasons.

Ripple should be staffing from internally and working quietly to build the space. I do not mind a low XRP price, but I do mind perceived incompetence.

3, 2, 1... 0

In closing, the purpose of forums is not to cheerlead, but rather to offer criticism.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

If Garlibghouse is not concerned about XRP prices in the short term, then Ripple is going to be upstaged by Stellar. Stellar partners in Asia will be interested in the price of XLM.

Buy Stellar.

I am not convinced Stellar's partners are going to use XLM.  I think the CLS group and IBM were after the blockchain technology to create a competing software to RippleNet.  It may be all about consulting fees for IBM and revenue for CLS (they have to find someway to make money if payments are going to be free).  By IBM's own admission, the use of XLM may be temporary.

http://fortune.com/2017/10/16/ibm-blockchain-stellar/

According to Lund, though, the banks use of Stellar’s digital currency is likely to be temporary. 

Also, simliar to RippleNet CLSNet will be currency agnostic.  As a result, I could see CLSNet actually using XRP as its primary digital asset.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, mrenne_17 said:

Yes. WHY, RIPPLE, WHY :/ WHY DO THEY DO THIS?

Also. Has anyone wondered, why there was so few people actually watching the livestream or the recordings? I would've thought a lot of people were interested.

9 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

According to Lund, though, the banks use of Stellar’s digital currency is likely to be temporary. 

Of course.

National authorities will let this technology mature. If it a success, the chances, I think, are very high that the national central banks will issue their digital asset, and force banks to use it. 

@Sebastian

The China News Daily announced several days ago, that China would introduce a new digital currency system as a function their fiat system. I would think that this is a good fit for Ripple, as it not really a crypto.

i do not have well informed thoughts on digital representation of fiat systems yet, but this looks like a transitional route to the future which would not affect the status quo.

If you have seen the China article I would be interested in anyone's thoughts.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2017-10/14/content_33236132.htm

17 hours ago, Javim777 said:

I am really surprised there were no significant announcements

On the bright side CEO answered questions about XRP. I appreciate Brad taking the time to those who participated in funding the 300 mil incentive package. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

thoughts on digital representation of fiat systems

Can the entire country fiat supply be limited / set through Digital Ledger Technology?

Would it be correct to say any time a loan is agreed upon, interest due is created out of thin air?

Granted some economic activity will be rewarded, rewards used to pay back the principal and interest.

Is interest a stake on future sweat equity proceeds?

In that case any transaction off the fiat blockchain system would add to the total supply?