dreventures

My concluding thoughts on Swell

Do not give up yet on a price increase due to SWELL.    We do not know what went on behind the scenes at the closed meetings.  A bank will not sign on right after a speaker gets off the stage.  They go back to their headquarters, have board meetings, shareholder meetings, do some market research, etc.  If they feel confident in Ripple, they will come on board in time.  Remember we did not have the big price boom of 2017 because of Ripple hyping themselves or positive articles about the technology.  It happened after they announced the large batch of Japanese banks coming on board.  If they did a good job smoozing with the bank reps, then the sign ons will come over time, but not instantly.

Very true and accurate conclusions dreventures.
But there is another consideration around the Hype.
Maybe Ripple the Hype was orchestrated, just to increase the awarness of Ripple.
What I mean is, maybe they did not care, that they did not made any major announcements at Swell.

Because what happened at Swell happened behind closed doors anyway.
Which is what in the near future will be announced.

So the Hype was in fact, just a hoax.
Like all publicity is good, even if it is bad.
My conclusion is, that it was for the ones never heard of Ripple and XRP.
 - Hey, ever heard of Ripple?

Hard core Ripplers did not like Swell.
But the stay Hard core, don´t they?

Edited by zenkert

35 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

I am really surprised there were no significant announcements because Garlinghouse said that there would be in response to a Quora question.  He literally said in writing that "Yes" there would be "significant announcements" made "during SWELL," but he was not able to "let the cat out of the bag" at the time of the Quora question and answer.   

This is incredibly inexcusable.  The CEO represents that there will be significant announcements and then there are none.  Amazing.  The only thing that could partially justify this is that Ripple had partnership announcements to make and then the partners wanted out or asked Ripple to hold off.  But don't make that representation unless you're 100% sure about it.  I hope that partners are not backing out as Miguel also promised the disclosure of significant partnerships in Q3 that would be directly related to XRP.  Essentially nothing but crickets.  I am a huge Ripple fan, but I am embarrassed for the team.  The entire hype leading up to SWELL with 3 2 1 and a day between each one was so overplayed looking back.  SWELL was going to be "mind-blowing."  I am really disgusted by this hype and the bogus representations made.  It's fine if you're going to do, but then back it up.  I would much prefer Ripple just make the announcements when they are ready instead of bullsh*tting.  

The words that come to my mind when thinking about SWELL and the lead up to it are:  inexcusable, unprofessional and laughable.  (And I am a big fan of the underlying protocol and concept). 

Really wishing that Chris Larsen was back and controlling the reins.   

Could it be... everyone has differing views of what "significant announcement" means and is?

1 hour ago, zenkert said:

So the Hype was in fact, just a hoax.

I am puzzled and yet to become a fan of growth hacking.

300 million spent in marketing is a big news in my book, good enough to sell as a big news.

I'd be happy just to hear how that money will be spent, how it lines up with the overall strategy and see the news sold as a deal breaker.

Apple gets away with making the buzz out of incremental upgrades.

Selling your product to the public at large not only drives demand and expectation from customers but make adopters feel like they are part of something big and joining the winner's club.

I'm looking for an incisive pitch.

25 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

I am really surprised there were no significant announcements because Garlinghouse said that there would be in response to a Quora question.  He literally said in writing that "Yes" there would be "significant announcements" made "during SWELL," but he was not able to "let the cat out of the bag" at the time of the Quora question and answer.   

This is incredibly inexcusable.  The CEO represents that there will be significant announcements and then there are none.  Amazing.  The only thing that could partially justify this is that Ripple had partnership announcements to make and then the partners wanted out or asked Ripple to hold off.  But don't make that representation unless you're 100% sure about it.  I hope that partners are not backing out as Miguel also promised the disclosure of significant partnerships in Q3 that would be directly related to XRP.  Essentially nothing but crickets.  I am a huge Ripple fan, but I am embarrassed for the team.  The entire hype leading up to SWELL with 3 2 1 and a day between each one was so overplayed looking back.  SWELL was going to be "mind-blowing."  I am really disgusted by this hype and the bogus representations made.  It's fine if you're going to do, but then back it up.  I would much prefer Ripple just make the announcements when they are ready instead of bullsh*tting.  

The words that come to my mind when thinking about SWELL and the lead up to it are:  inexcusable, unprofessional and laughable.  (And I am a big fan of the underlying protocol and concept). 

The hype by Ripple, but more particularly by speculation in this forum did not generally match the announcements, and the disparity between the hype and the reality was only magnified by Stellar's relatively non-hyped completely unexpected announcement, and their respective marketcaps now reflect their respective investors' sentiments.

40 minutes ago, Alluvial said:

I agree with you. My expectations was very low, no announcements was a possibility. Every comment not based on presents facts will be dismissed.  Every future speclutaion that comes from Ripple team will be dismissed.   The best part of swell is that XRP was totally ignored and  Garlinghouse has maybe lost his bag.