Rado

Now that that is over.....

10 minutes ago, Rado said:

Ripple's business plan and strategy is phenomenal. 

11 minutes ago, Rado said:

* no offense to any young kids who take this field of innovation seriously. 

Well seriously. What do you think is the likelihood, that the state authorities will regulate in such a way to allow a privately own "currency" to flow through their monetary system?  I mean any crypto we know today, not only XRP .  This is the key question to ask TMO.

26 minutes ago, Rado said:

I for one am excited to get this Chat back to normal without juvenile opinions and 12 year olds who think they are "investors" and expect their "long term" (2 day) investment to make them rich. Ripple's business plan and strategy is phenomenal. 

A lot of new information was provided and Ripple is a pioneer in their field, there will be storm of new business and partnerships that were conceived at this event. Swells purpose in my opinion was to inform, spur debate, and form new business. 

* no offense to any young kids who take this field of innovation seriously. 

Amen to that - shake out the weak sisters, get rid of the juveniles and get back to serious discussions again.

35 minutes ago, Rado said:

12 year olds who think they are "investors" and expect their "long term" (2 day) investment to make them rich. Ripple's business plan and strategy is phenomenal. 

pretty sure there are people of all ages w their immaturity hijacking there rational  

16 minutes ago, nickphil said:

Well seriously. What do you think is the likelihood, that the state authorities will regulate in such a way to allow a privately own "currency" to flow through their monetary system?  I mean any crypto we know today, not only XRP .  This is the key question to ask TMO.

If we don't think of it as a currency, but we think about it as an open sourced asset (internet?) then it becomes easier to imagine.

I for one don't think that it checks the boxes that currency needs to check. Rather, it is a tool to be used in a specific environment for a specific purpose that happens to have value by necessity. 

It'll also be somewhat of a powerful tool to keep track of citizens and lower costs of regulation in general. There are quite a few upsides to it, I think...the question is of course about taxation. If somehow the tax becomes more expensive than sending another way then the project is dead, I think. I have no idea what so ever about how they'll figure that one out. Maybe they keep all monies tied up in certain escrows and only tax upon removal (regular income tax for a business?). It also makes auditing significantly easier, in theory. 

Anyway, I think we need to do away with the word currency because they aren't currencies. If central governemnts issue digital currency then the word applies, but XRP isn't a currency. It's an asset of some kind. A tool. 

Exciting times to be sure. 

As Miguel said:

Ripple is under NDA with their clients. They cant just out them, especially these big clients like banks. It will have ramifications that are hard to see for the average joe. Like putting the banks in a position where customers or investors will start asking questions which will impact their everyday business. People think Ripple is like Bitcoin. It isnt. There is a ton of work that needs to be done before banks abandon a proven and reliable system like SWIFT. The ramifications will be just huge if there is something flawed with Ripple, like a bug that cause transactions they do to suddenly halt or gone missing. 

I think most people miss the part that we are investing in a project that is still in late beta phase. By the time RippleNet and XRP are adopted and widely used, then the public will open their eyes. But on the other hand the cheap boat have already departed by then. Then what? The same complainers will move on to another coin and hype and hype and hope they are part of another 100x profit boat. People look at Bitcoin and think any coin can get the same success. We have people literally supporting silly projects/ICOs with their money, like «this revolutionary blockchain will ensure that the production of toilet paper is secured and safe».... If there is no value increase within a very short time, they abandon ship and start complaining on forums everywhere although their investment wasnt exactly risk free from the getgo.

The cryptoworld is filled with people with money and very little patience. Its why we see crazy value swings every single day with desperate people moving back and forth without much if any plan on their investment. The rest, will just need to ride the crazytrain along with these people and think ahead and stay calm. It will sort out in the end. But its a crazy world and not for the weak minded. This is why most investors buy stocks and stay away from cryptomarket.

sigh

Edited by Cloudfire

13 minutes ago, JigglyJelly said:

Wait where was the announcement ?

I believe that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation partnership was the announcement; I think as it begins to unfold and develop, the importance of this will be eye-opening...

Meanwhile, the cat is back at the office, working as always LOL :lol:

I think any success or failure of this conference is going to happen behind closed doors.  It's obvious that their primary objective was never the promotion of xrp but building of bridges (interoperability) for Ripple, which will increase the chances of xrp utilization somewhere down the road.  

It's natural for any investor to hope for a big partnership or even an endorsement from a big financial institution.  Even though it did not happen during this conference, it might be the spark Ripple needed for their next push.  

The only thing I don't understand is the whole '3, 2, 1' countdown. I think the marketing department is nowhere near the level of the developers. I mean - announce a conference and be done with it. Publicly hyping this and then pretty much everything interesting is private meetings. Or at least, announce the first usage of XRP during the conference, preferebly during the last day. What's the point of the CEO publicly announcing that he can't say anything before Swell and then a couple of days later they announce first usage of XRP.. doesn't make much sense to me. I know that they are focusing on building a global network first, which makes sense, but some of the decisions seem a bit amateurish to me. 

31 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

I believe that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation partnership was the announcement; I think as it begins to unfold and develop, the importance of this will be eye-opening...

Wait but Brad EXPLICITLY told us there was going to be major announcements on Quora 

Can we expect any significant announcements during the SWELL event?

BRAD:

Ha. You think I’m gonna let the cat out of the bag today?

Suffice it to say, yes - but Monica has me under strict embargo. We’ll be live streaming the event on our website so you’ll have to stay tuned!

Maybe he didn't want investors to be disappointed so they left the announcement ? 

Edited by JigglyJelly

2 minutes ago, JigglyJelly said:

Wait but Brad EXPLICITLY told us there was going to be major announcements on Quora

You don't think that the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation partnership was the announcement? :huh:

Give it time, I think we'll see what a big deal this is...

2 hours ago, Rado said:

Ripple's business plan and strategy is phenomenal.

Absolutely agree. What an insightful conference and already so much global success.

Can't wait to see were we are in approx. 2 years.

1 hour ago, GiddyUp said:

Bill Gates has so much money, he just wants to change the world for the better. This in itself gives me hope for XRP/Ripple.

4 hours ago, iLeeT said:

The only thing I don't understand is the whole '3, 2, 1' countdown. I think the marketing department is nowhere near the level of the developers. I mean - announce a conference and be done with it. Publicly hyping this and then pretty much everything interesting is private meetings. Or at least, announce the first usage of XRP during the conference, preferebly during the last day. What's the point of the CEO publicly announcing that he can't say anything before Swell and then a couple of days later they announce first usage of XRP.. doesn't make much sense to me. I know that they are focusing on building a global network first, which makes sense, but some of the decisions seem a bit amateurish to me. 

He mentioned that announcements regarding customer adoption are governed by the customer., especially the timing of the announcements.