I want to start a constructive conversation about the results of swell. So please if you happen to be a whiny day trader or a butt hurt XRP price speculator please don't apply.

With that said, what are your thoughts on the results of swell? Do you feel the speakers there have promoted the benefits of ripple and blockchain as a whole? Do you feel that ripple may have gotten the proper exposure they were gunning for? Also is there any area you feel SWELL did not address?

Personally I feel SWELL did what it was intended to do. It gave Ripple the exposure and voice to challenge SWIFT while opening new avenues for xrp. The results of SWELL will not be immediate and I believe we will see something before the end of the year. 2018 is looking to be a positive year for Ripple considering how many f.i's they've supposedly signed up. So let's have a positive discussion everyone and get this forum back on track. 

My feeling is, the important and ground-breaking work is going on behind the scenes, as always. And the fruit of this event has yet to ripen - I'm sure of that. So we nerds throw a different kind of party, we get a keg and some cups and bring the best minds together to talk shop lol, and hire a great band btw :D

In all seriousness, are we really dismissing the fact that Ripple is partnered with Bill Gates? Respectfully, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. There is reason for even the hard-core crypto-purists to love this! After all, wasn't crypto invented exist along side banks? So who is this helping? The un-banked... And to not want to share this technology with those who need it most would be selfish and, I feel a little hypocritical.

Think of where we would all be without being able to transact business, to get loans etc. - would you have a car? a house? an education? Think about what micro-loans have done to boost the under-served communities, and imagine the tremendous good this initiative will bring to their lives. Maybe some only care for profit, but this rising tide I believe will truly lift all boats ;)

The smart money will get on board as this all plays out... 

I say I hope it accomplished what it was supposed to.
IMHO:
It was an event to, build/create/expand releations, connecting important players, and strengthen trust and knowledge in Ripples technology and payment solution.
I ´d go as far as to say,  educate what Ripple is really about.
We know who the speakers where.
But the 400 specially invited guests, we know nothing about.
IMHO:
They where the Really Important ones.

Edited by zenkert

6 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

In all seriousness, are we really dismissing the fact that Ripple is partnered with Bill Gates? Respectfully, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. There is reason for even the hard-core crypto-purists to love this!

Totally agree GiddyUp!!!

I hardly doubt Gates would only use Ripple for his charity foundation. There may be more in the works and Microsoft loves to be at forefront of technical innovation. Could you imagine if Microsoft came up with a solution called "micropay" or something like that powered by ripple, that allows one computer to send funds to another as easy as it is for me to type this message? If that is a function to be built into all versions of windows 8 and up through an update that would be incredible.

I loved the conference. Great content and it brought blockchain to the forefront for an honest discussion on its future potential in changing the world. This needed to happen and all those in crypto should be thanking Ripple for further bringing relevancy to the blockchain ecosystem.

The fact that SWELL didn't revolve completely around Ripple and XRP highlights this fact.

Here's my analogy for the current state we are in.

XRP is a car.

Everyone is mad because they want Ripple to focus on promoting and building this car.

The problem is, there are no roads or gas stations to use this car.

Ripple is currently building these roads and gas stations.

Once the infrastructure is ready there will be a HUGE demand for cars.

We aren't there quite yet, but we are closer than ever.

2 minutes ago, JC83 said:

I hardly doubt Gates would only use Ripple for his charity foundation. There may be more in the works and Microsoft loves to be at forefront of technical innovation. Could you imagine if Microsoft came up with a solution called "micropay" or something like that powered by ripple, that allows one computer to send funds to another as easy as it is for me to type this message? If that is a function to be built into all versions of windows 8 and up through an update that would be incredible.

I doubt that this will ever happen "micropay" - full of bugs and updates and security issues. I would never ever use it, that´s for sure. :wizard:

1 minute ago, zenkert said:

I doubt that this will ever happen "micropay" - full of bugs and updates and security issues. I would never ever use it, that´s for sure. :wizard:

Lol it was just a thought. XRP has multiple uses so it could just be used to pay for items though internet explorer or another browser. This is an actual thing that the Federal Reserve Bank taskforce and Ripple are working on. So if Microsoft is taking a stance, I'd say they may not stop there.

8 minutes ago, JC83 said:

Lol it was just a thought. XRP has multiple uses so it could just be used to pay for items though internet explorer or another browser. This is an actual thing that the Federal Reserve Bank taskforce and Ripple are working on. So if Microsoft is taking a stance, I'd say they may not stop there.

LOL. But you never know what will happen, do you. But as far as I know mr Gates is no longer in control of Microsoft.

A point of criticism, but mostly aimed at how this conference has been received.

I again notice a strong tendency to say everything is fine, and that Ripple is just laying further groundwork for XRP's future success. It is nothing new, and nothing that is necessarily incorrect. But what it does confirm, is that the can gets kicked down the road - again. This can only happen so often, at which point investor confidence may  take a hit out of which XRP does not recover. 

Mind you: we are not there yet, not by a longshot. But it is not encouraging as well. 

I tend to be negative about these things, but I think important relationships were built that will potentially help XRP in the long run, as always its always good to stay positive 

Edited by JigglyJelly

11 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

A point of criticism, but mostly aimed at how this conference has been received.

I again notice a strong tendency to say everything is fine, and that Ripple is just laying further groundwork for XRP's future success. It is nothing new, and nothing that is necessarily incorrect. But what it does confirm, is that the can gets kicked down the road - again. This can only happen so often, at which point investor confidence may  take a hit out of which XRP does not recover. 

Mind you: we are not there yet, not by a longshot. But it is not encouraging as well. 

Exactly this.

I think it's weird they didn't spend an hour talking about the advantages of Ripple's products and XRP. They talked about blockchains and the new possibilities that they bring for FI's and banks, but didn't say and here is our offering to you. 

Maybe they did in the closed meetings, but how about to everybody that didn't get a meeting or watched the stream?

3 minutes ago, JigglyJelly said:

its always good to stay positive

Being positive is  f a a a r  better than being negavtive.
But you also have to have a believe, if or not you believe in Ripple and XRP.
And to have that believe you have to have, at least, a common knowledge what it´s all about.