OlivierA

SWELL Debrief

Just a teaser for now. Still one day to go, but!

If Ripple's CEO Brad Garlinghouse had to announced a Twitter question period for tomorrow morning and one of our favorite member David Schwartz aka @JoelKatz at to interact on Discord and other chat network, I'd say, this is "again" a damage control attempt to make sure the price of XRP doesn't crash more/Ripple's image stay intact.

We had the same thing during the 3.2.1 countdown. After the second gif, many of our beloved Ripple staff came out to give us their opinion or just tried to control the situation (that was out of control with way too high expectation of a crazy news).

Same again before Consensus and with the "no news" during the event (that we're aware of - everything going behind close doors we were told - funny how history repeats).

SWELL was promoted to be a big event for Ripple. They never shied away from that. Even though some great guest had very interesting things to say, Ripple/XRP is not winning this right now.

So what's the problem?

Full debrief after tomorrow's last conference/announcement.

3 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

Just a teaser for now. Still one day to go, but!

If Ripple's CEO Brad Garlinghouse had to announced a Twitter question period for tomorrow morning and one of our favorite member David Schwartz aka @JoelKatz at to interact on Discord and other chat network, I'd say, this is "again" a damage control attempt to make sure the price of XRP doesn't crash more/Ripple's image stay intact.

We had the same thing during the 3.2.1 countdown. After the second gif, many of our beloved Ripple staff came out to give us their opinion or just tried to control the situation (that was out of control with way too high expectation of a crazy news).

Same again before Consensus and with the "no news" during the event (that we're aware of - everything going behind close doors we were told - funny how history repeats).

SWELL was promoted to be a big event for Ripple. They never shied away from that. Even though some great guest had very interesting things to say, Ripple/XRP is not winning this right now.

So what's the problem?

Full debrief after tomorrow's last conference/announcement.

I guess it depends on your personal expectations. I for one did not expect grandiose announcements. As I have stated in other post, I think the real story of this conference are the "PRIVATE MEETINGS" taking place from 7-12ish. I speculate that a lot of deals or partnerships are most likely taking shape. I wish I could be a fly on the wall during those discussions. However, we still have tomorrow. Will stay tune.....

Why again the fixation with XRP? Hasn't it occurred that maybe they're targeting it at potential new enterprise customers and banks, and not the folk who are already 'invested' in holding XRP? Ripple might like it if the price rises, but they're not going to be poor even if it drops to 0.15. They have far more to gain by bringing on board more new partners than making unknown, fickle speculative happy for a day.

Edited by will4star

2 minutes ago, RLP18PharmD said:

(...) I think the real story of this conference are the "PRIVATE MEETINGS" taking place from 7-12ish. I speculate that a lot of deals or partnerships are most likely taking shape. (...)

Every time this is the "excuse": things are going well behind closed doors. I believe it does. But adoption by the people is the key. A lot of great company with great product are long forgotten because they never got adoption by the people. This is history repeating. If the CEO and Staff always have to come to the rescue and say "hey great stuff is happening but we can't tell you" this is a real downer for all  the "outside" investors.

Just remember that every Bank CEO has family that read the news, chat, etc. If all the hear is "nothing" or "bad things" imagine the conversation at supper time. Off course Bank CEOs don't take their decision based on their spouse of kids, but with new tech, believe me, they listen to what is going on around them.

At Consensus, Ethereum showed everyone what it's like to be Headlining, Hot, All over the news. We all thought, and Ripple gave us hope, that SWELL would be our time.

5 minutes ago, will4star said:

Why again the fixation with XRP? Hasn't it occurred that maybe they're targeting it at potential new enterprise customers and banks, and not the folk who are already 'invested' in holding XRP? Ripple might like it if the price rises, but they're not going to be poor even if it drops to 0.15. They have far more to gain by bringing on board more new partners than making unknown, fickle speculative happy for a day.

They said many times that the price is important to them. Just recently, JK wrote about Ripple not doing anything to dilute the price unless it was to regain the lost somehow asap.

The price of XRP is not a fixation, it's an indicator of how the people perceive Ripple's future. No matter now they try to separate them, Ripple/XRP is still the same to most of us.

Edited by OlivierA

2 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

But adoption by the people is the key. A lot of great company with great product are long forgotten because they never got adoption by the people. This is history repeating.

https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-grows-to-over-100-financial-institutions/

"First Financial Institution Uses XRP to Solve the Liquidity Problem

In a precedent-setting moment, Cuallix became the first worldwide institution to use xRapid —  Ripple’s solution that utilizes XRP as a liquidity tool — to reduce the cost of sending cross-border payments from the U.S. to Mexico.

Cuallix moved to the forefront of digital payments by using digital assets to remove the inefficiencies and red tape associated with processing and sourcing liquidity"

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-rolls-300m-ripplenet-accelerator-program-grow-volume-xrp-utility/

It's amazing how much people can forget in just a week....

1 minute ago, will4star said:

https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-grows-to-over-100-financial-institutions/

"First Financial Institution Uses XRP to Solve the Liquidity Problem

In a precedent-setting moment, Cuallix became the first worldwide institution to use xRapid —  Ripple’s solution that utilizes XRP as a liquidity tool — to reduce the cost of sending cross-border payments from the U.S. to Mexico.

Cuallix moved to the forefront of digital payments by using digital assets to remove the inefficiencies and red tape associated with processing and sourcing liquidity"

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-rolls-300m-ripplenet-accelerator-program-grow-volume-xrp-utility/

This was a great news. But it's not transparent. We have to take their words, again, all behind "closed doors" because even if the Ripple Network is accessible by everyone, we can't find trace of those transactions, we can't see the volume, etc. Nevertheless, I believe this is real and in deed a great news. So why isn't it make waves (or ripples)?

Who cares that IOS from Apple is an incredible operating system that makes every front page of every tech magazine, people wants a cool iPhone that they can see, use, interact with. And more, the cool ads that makes you even cooler to buy one at over priced.

4 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

They said many times that the price is important to them. Just recently, JK wrote about Ripple not doing anything to dilute the price unless it was to regain the lost somehow asap.

The price of XRP is not a fixation, it's an indicator of how the people perceive Ripple's future. No matter now they try to separate them, Ripple/XRP is still the same to most of us.

There's a difference between saying that, and orchestrating an entire conference with the aim of encouraging a high price. They never once mentioned they had a minimum desired price, or that they were interested in doing anything to maintain the price beyond what the adoption of XRP is and the market decides. 
I'll say it again: The price of XRP is relevant, but it is not the most important thing in Ripple's business. Failure to grasp that is failure to understand what Ripple is all about.

Just now, will4star said:

They never once mentioned they had a minimum desired price, or that they were interested in doing anything to maintain the price beyond what the adoption of XRP is and the market decides.

I'm pretty sure they did. And at SWELL during a live presentation. Price and Volume is of the out most importance, otherwise, the XRP token is almost useless to big financial institution.

Just now, OlivierA said:

This was a great news. But it's not transparent. We have to take their words, again, all behind "closed doors" because even if the Ripple Network is accessible by everyone, we can't find trace of those transactions, we can't see the volume, etc. Nevertheless, I believe this is real and in deed a great news. So why isn't it make waves (or ripples)?

Did you complain about this when it was released? If the XRP price had risen to 0.35 this week, would you be mentioning this?

2 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

I'm pretty sure they did. And at SWELL during a live presentation. Price and Volume is of the out most importance, otherwise, the XRP token is almost useless to big financial institution.

Perhaps. My point remains that this was not the motive for the SWELL conference! And probably not the motive for Brad G's doing a live Q&A tomorrow.

Did you complain about this when it was released? If the XRP price had risen to 0.35 this week, would you be mentioning this?

Ok, first, I'm not complaining. I really like the fact that you comment, but don't put words in my mouth. Ripple is an incredible company and I have the a total respect for what they are doing, trying to do, and for the staff working there.

As for the price, Cuallix news would have had nothing to do with the rise. I  mention this in response to your comment, and I would if anyone else had asked.

Perhaps. My point remains that this was not the motive for the SWELL conference! And probably not the motive for Brad G's doing a live Q&A tomorrow.

Your opinion. Not mine. Cheers!

9 minutes ago, will4star said:

How much  value did Ripple "the company" give to XRP in that deal that went sour ...you know the one where they gave up billions of XRP to get a few meetings//..  I think Ripple "the company"  "staff"  might be selling these "valuable' xrp right now as well during Swell

Everytime time you see a quaoted word imagine me doing the fingers sign....use your imagination,...you like too ....I know you do....

4 minutes ago, OlivierA said:

Ok, first, I'm not complaining. I really like the fact that you comment, but don't put words in my mouth. Ripple is an incredible company and I have the a total respect for what they are doing, trying to do, and for the staff working there.

As for the price, Cuallix news would have had nothing to do with the rise. I  mention this in response to your comment, and I would if anyone else had asked.

Sorry if I sounded curt - it's 2am here! >< I do agree with you that the price of XRP must certainly be a concern to Ripple. The markets are always unpredictable and irrational though, so there's a limit to how much a company like Ripple should really be focussed on them. I believe they're working more to deal with private partners and institutions from around the world and it might simple not be in Ripple's power/authority to disclose any information about them. I'd also like it if Ripple addressed us directly more often (r.e. the transactions etc). But I accept that we probably just aren't so high up on the priority list. I'm alright with that too.

I also have some criticisms about SWELL, like how little focus was actually on Ripple compared to other companies/projects. Am saving that for a longer topic tomorrow though.