Ripplezzzz

Stefan Thomas got no love for SWIFT

image.png.349049c655e348595f1f4f6c5f3ac496.png

I remember a christmas tsunami. The relatives of casualties would have chosen other words to attack their fintech competition? Tasteless from SWIFT and Mr Thomas should have been a little more careful I suppose?

Dont know... people often use terms like tornado huricane or perfect storm as well without thinking about victims...

Just small jabs, nothing profane. I think it shows personal investment, and confidence. Are we to avoid using words like tsunami and victims? Chop off parts of language for the sake of treading lightly around the chance of misinterpreted analogies being stretched in excess into a perceived jab or callous remark.

Isn't a Tsunami basically a Ripple on the ocean ?...  

Easy to join invisible dots, sorry to disagree here, I for one don't like people using past events against totally innocent comments.. actually very sad to think someone has brought this up.

Edited by Mitcheeb

33 minutes ago, Ripplezzzz said:

image.png.349049c655e348595f1f4f6c5f3ac496.png

I remember a christmas tsunami. The relatives of casualties would have chosen other words to attack their fintech competition? Tasteless from SWIFT and Mr Thomas should have been a little more careful I suppose?

@Ripplezzzz, don't take this as a personal attack, but a lot of purportedly "sensitive" people abuse political correctness as a form of power trip, under the guise of their feelings being hurt.  I don't buy the notion that an objective metaphorical usage of tsunami is any more insensitive to tsunami victims, than your choice of the word "attack" would be to **** victims, nor your choice of "Tasteless" is insensitive to people that have no tongue.  We can walk on eggshells every day of our life and still inadvertently trip over other people's proclaimed sensitivities, but the only thing that's really important is the intent, and I doubt highly that Stefan had any intention of drawing parallels to victims of past tsunami's, and that's quite obvious even to tsunami victims

Edited by galgitron

20 minutes ago, galgitron said:

@Ripplezzzz, don't take this as a personal attack, but a lot of purportedly "sensitive" people abuse political correctness as a form of power trip, under the guise of their feelings being hurt.  I don't buy the notion that an objective metaphorical usage of tsunami is any more insensitive to tsunami victims, than your choice of the word "attack" would be to **** victims, nor your choice of "Tasteless" is insensitive to people that have no tongue.  We can walk on eggshells every day of our life and still inadvertently trip over other people's proclaimed sensitivities, but the only thing that's really important is the intent, and I doubt highly that Stefan had any intention of drawing parallels to victims of past tsunami's, and that's quite obvious even to tsunami victims

I think all he's getting across is a multi billion dollar company needs to be careful with wordplay 

i just really hope they arent being TOO cocky and setting themselves up for being outplayed somehow

esp. with regards to XRP, which ripple can be successful without, but would be game-changing with...

right now, xrp at such low volumes is basically useless, nothing seems to budge the price much right now, and other coins are catching up if you look at the recent stellar news, iota possibilities, sharding, lightning-type tech etc... ripple can't sail along, they need to aggressively pursue xrp liquidity and fast

ripple can't sail along, they need to aggressively pursue xrp liquidity and fast

14 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

i just really hope they arent being TOO cocky and setting themselves up for being outplayed somehow

esp. with regards to XRP, which ripple can be successful without, but would be game-changing with...

right now, xrp at such low volumes is basically useless, nothing seems to budge the price much right now, and other coins are catching up if you look at the recent stellar news, iota possibilities, sharding, lightning-type tech etc... ripple can't sail along, they need to aggressively pursue xrp liquidity and fast

Tautoko that. I still believe they have a plan... but I am thinking of switching off and finding another hobby for a while. This one is killing me.

39 minutes ago, JigglyJelly said:

I think all he's getting across is a multi billion dollar company needs to be careful with wordplay 

While I inherently agree with your generalization, he was actually quite specifically addressing the usage of tsunami.  

43 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

Guys we have no clue as to what is going on behind the scenes. I'm quite sure they understand the importance of liquidity etc. However, making sure all of the pieces fit and fall into place to achieve that liquidity is of utmost importance. So, keep your panties on and be patient. What we all should be doing is buying it while it's still relatively cheap. :beach:

Edited by RLP18PharmD

15 hours ago, galgitron said:

We can walk on eggshells every day of our life and still inadvertently trip over other people's proclaimed sensitivities

You are probably right. It was in 2004 after all. Back on topic...

I just thought a bit about that swift tweet, then i started laughing. Because you know: if swift wouldnt care about ripple or swell, would they tweet something like this? Dont think so. They are afraid and try to hide it with pretty much self-confidence. Theres a german sentence that pretty much sums up what i thought: overhyped self-confidence is coming before they are falling deeply.. Hope i translated that good enough :D

So, finally: HODL ON! 

Edited by MrBavaria
Wrong word