tomb

Ripple's Relationship with Angra?

You will see there is a validator called bougalis.net
https://validators.ripple.com/#/validators

I did a whois lookup and found this registering address: Plaza Level, 41 Shortland Street, Auckland 1010 NZ
https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=bougalis.net

Which is the same address as Angra Limited
http://angra.co.nz/contact-page/

About Angra Limited
http://angra.co.nz/about-us/

Angra Ltd was established in New Zealand in March 2011 and offers its services to the Import & Export sector by delivering a complete international trading solution to its clients. Since 2011, Angra Ltd has expanded its operations into Hong Kong, Portugal and the United Kingdom. Angra Ltd has already assisted more than 2,500 clients with its international trading services.

Edited by karlos
edited as per rules

Guest Haydentiff

It cracks me up the amount of detective work that goes on in here.

Good find.:good:

9 minutes ago, tomxcs said:

It's also the address of WhoisProxy and the last name (Bougalis) of Ripple's own @nikb...

So this is nikb and the address is actually to protect nikb and is probably a service provided by Angra Ltd?  I guess I am no shirlock ;) - thanks tomxcs.

31 minutes ago, tomb said:

So this is nikb and the address is actually to protect nikb and is probably a service provided by Angra Ltd?  I guess I am no shirlock ;) - thanks tomxcs.

Just someone in the same building as Angra, probably. I have a similar service for a few of my domains - using a whois proxy service is very common.

bougalis.net is my domain (and yes, I used a proxy service for the WHOIS information), and that is one of my validators. I have no idea what Angra is nor is my validator associated with it in any capacity.

Just now, nikb said:

bougalis.net is my domain (and yes, I used a proxy service for the WHOIS information), and that is one of my validators. I have no idea what Angra is nor is my validator associated with it in any capacity.

Yea, my bad nikb. 

Can you tell us the specs of your validator?
I'm still looking for a cheap and permanent hardware to run a node (not a validator), but I gave up with ODROID since it's 32 bit.

Sure: this particular validator is a Gigabyte Brix with an Intel Celeron N2807, 4GB of RAM and an 512GB SSD. If you don't care for full history then this configuration is fine for me:

top - 10:19:14 up 180 days, 20:08,  1 user,  load average: 0.46, 0.70, 0.87
Tasks: 175 total,   1 running, 174 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

I have two others running, both are Intel Core i7-4770 with 8GB of RAM and 2TB SSDs. 

I may get an ODROID-XU4 and see if I can get Ripple to compile and run. Honestly, the biggest difficult is compiling: most of the boards don't have enough RAM and the compiler ends up crashing, which means having to setup cross-compilers, and that's a pain.

You can also set up a paging file at least temporarily to allow the compiler to run. It takes forever, but hopefully you don't have to do it all that often.

My validator is "youwant.to" (which I got by sending a $200 check to His Royal Highness Tupoutoʻa of Tonga). It has significantly higher specs, but it also does other things and keeps full history.

1 hour ago, JoelKatz said:

My validator is "youwant.to" (which I got by sending a $200 check to His Royal Highness Tupoutoʻa of Tonga). It has significantly higher specs, but it also does other things and keeps full history.

How much disk space is your rippled using for storing the full history (nudb backend)? Ballpark estimate is ok ;) Thanks.

On 3/5/2016 at 4:18 PM, T8493 said:

How much disk space is your rippled using for storing the full history (nudb backend)? Ballpark estimate is ok ;) Thanks.

2.3TB

1.7TB of that is NuDB, the rest is the SQLite -- 24GB for the ledger database, 562GB for the transaction database.

On 4 March 2016 at 9:06 AM, JoelKatz said:

My validator is "youwant.to" (which I got by sending a $200 check to His Royal Highness Tupoutoʻa of Tonga).

You sent a cheque to the King of Tonga to buy a domain name, why do I find this so amusing :lol: