How would Stellar go about producing/ensuring enough liquidity to support this initiative with IBM?  Doesn't the price of XLM need to rise for this?

They first must have partners and users... do u have a year or two? If ever... more likely never...

Just now, kanaas said:

They first must have partners and users... do u have a year or two? If ever... more likely never...

I agree, thus my question.  If IBM's PoC involving Stellar's Lumens is commencing and will continue only for a short term, is the current liquidity enough to support it?  Does Stellar need to take steps to increase liquidity prior to the PoC going live?

10 minutes ago, kanaas said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ibm-announces-major-blockchain-solution-040100106.html

IBM has convened an initial group of diverse banking leaders as part of the development and deployment process, including Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, Bank Danamon Indonesia, Bank Mandiri, Bank Negara Indonesia, Bank Permata, Bank Rakyat Indonesia, Kasikornbank Thailand, Mizuho Financial Group, National Australia Bank, Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (RCBC) Philippines, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, TD Bank, Wizdraw (HK) of WorldCom Finance, and other financial institutions.

Stellar is inflationary, lacks even mediocre distribution, validators are setup wierd making centralization an issue and has failed to properly scale like Ripple. 

Plus, when stellar first came out, it was gamed by overseas pay for friend services since Facebook was a requirement to receive free coins. I remember people claiming millions of stellar by paying little for Facebook accounts. 

Then there is Jed and the issues surrounding his past and his involvement in Mt. Gox and Jedmaggedon. 

Risky play imo opinion but goodluck to the gamblers and shorters.

35 minutes ago, tomb said:

Stellar is inflationary, lacks even mediocre distribution, validators are setup wierd making centralization an issue and has failed to properly scale like Ripple. 

Plus, when stellar first came out, it was gamed by overseas pay for friend services since Facebook was a requirement to receive free coins. I remember people claiming millions of stellar by paying little for Facebook accounts. 

Then there is Jed and the issues surrounding his past and his involvement in Mt. Gox and Jedmaggedon. 

Risky play imo opinion but goodluck to the gamblers and shorters.

Doesn't this make you think... with all of these issues how did they get the partnership with IBM and hyperledger? and why try to use XLM instead of XRP if they are so far ahead?

I dont know the answer to it. But i dont think people should be so dismissive about it. Im not talking about you, just the sentiment of XRP chat in general.