Johannsen

XRP credit card?

If xrp is as fast as VISA, maybe faster, and alot cheaper - why doesnt Ripple or anyone go for issuance of a credit card?

Banks could also be the ones issuing the cards, and then they could save even more, which Ripple could encourage. 

Is there something i am missing here? Ofcourse there will be obstacles in implementing such a card, but is the "general" idea a stupid one?

Or maybe it will be "too many balls in the air" for Ripple, as it is not their main focus.

(First post btw, maybe you can tell :))

Edited by Johannsen

19 minutes ago, WillyCracket said:

What do you mean xrp is as fast as visa? It's like saying euros are faster than amex.

Are you aware of what ripple technology aims to achieve Jo?

Yeah sorry, i meant: using the ripple tech to "power" the card. Sort of like how TenX is exchanging the crypto to fiat instantly.

@Johannsen currenly the XRP used are for settlements between fiat so that funds can be received by other banks much quicker.

However you are thinking on some of the possible things they are looking at in the future but i feel with all the rumors they may be smart enough to partner with ripple and utilise the software and XRP because Ripple are no really trying to look at the retail market.

With TenX, Monaco and others attempting to penetrate the retail market from the outside in, Ripple are going to achieve that from the inside out. Once they have the support from the banks, the sky's the limit.

What is perplexing is that XRP is still hated and not worth more than it is.

Edited by wildbull1984