Xrphunter

Exodus will support xrp wallet soon

7 minutes ago, bb101 said:

I check that 2 weeks ago and it said planned. I wonder if Exodus Eden has it working.

I just wish Exodus and Ledger would work together. I cant wait to see Hardware Wallet Support move from planned to In beta.

Im waiting for exodus to see xrp wallet support, exodus is one of the best desktop wallet out there

Private keys are not the same as secret keys.  Generally in Ripple you only use secret keys (they calculate to each other).  The keypairs library above does convert them but you need to call the functions in code.

Haven't used Exodus yet but I'd double check if they can export secret keys instead, as it would be weird to export something not really usable without a lot of conversion.

23 minutes ago, pftq said:

Private keys are not the same as secret keys.  Generally in Ripple you only use secret keys (they calculate to each other).  The keypairs library above does convert them but you need to call the functions in code

You can get private key from seed, but not vice versa?

alos I am relaying this between one of the guys for Eden and here

he says

But... we use BIP32, so we do not have a seed, only private key.

But if you want import funds to Exodus, secret keys are supported.

Edited by pucksterpete

It sounds like what they're saying is they use a different method to generate the keys rather than what's provided by the Ripple library or API.  Technically works but it'll basically be something that you can only use with their wallet (because few other wallets will read that way).  It's similar to how if you pull up really old wallets for Ripple right now, they might also not generate keys starting with s but that key is pretty much only usable if you stay on that wallet or custom-code something to handle keys that don't start with s.

Edited by pftq

8 hours ago, pucksterpete said:

Eden already supports XRP

just sent 20xrp to activate

but, I want the secret key for this address that I just created within the Eden wallet, not just the 12 word passphrase   :scratch_one-s_head:

eden.jpg

Dope! Will try exodus now

Wouldn't send too much, Eden is still in Beta I believe and for the most part unsupported.  Pulled the following from their website

Important items to remember about Eden

We recommend Eden for advanced users only. Normal Exodus users SHOULD NOT USE Eden.

Eden is unsupported, pre-release software - things are likely to break.

Support for Eden will be provided by the community and our public Slack channel.

This page on our website is purposefully hidden. Don't give this to your neub friends as you will likely get stuck doing tech-support for them when things don't work properly.

To be clear, the Exodus customer support team will not be able to help if you experience any problems with Eden.