Jump to content

XRP: The Digital Asset for Lowering Banks’ Costs


Hodor
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Thank you for reading & hope you enjoy - as always, feel free to share on any other media. 

My other blog announcements:

Great great great again @Hodor!!

Just an item here again on national news radio, but of course about Bitcoin because of its al time high, and no sign of Ripple ?.

So everybody who reads this, tip off the news media in your countries about Swell, along with a link to @Hodors wordpress page. There is still a lot of awareness to rise, it will be worthwhile helping to get over the tipping point!! We are so close..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I focus on XRP in this blog entry, and highlight the news of the first production usage of xRapid - Ripple's solution that uses XRP for sourcing liquidity.

In the last week, I was struck by the scale of the latest good news: the announcement of xRapid's first usage before SWELL.  The term "tipping point" has been debated previously for XRP's use case, and now those discussions will have a whole new flavor...  :sun_bespectacled:

Thank you for reading & hope you enjoy - as always, feel free to share on any other media. 

My other blog announcements:

nice artice!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I focus on XRP in this blog entry, and highlight the news of the first production usage of xRapid - Ripple's solution that uses XRP for sourcing liquidity.

In the last week, I was struck by the scale of the latest good news: the announcement of xRapid's first usage before SWELL.  The term "tipping point" has been debated previously for XRP's use case, and now those discussions will have a whole new flavor...  :sun_bespectacled:

Thank you for reading & hope you enjoy - as always, feel free to share on any other media. 

My other blog announcements:

Hodor, by any chance, do you have a job available, I'm willing to take Ripple as payment, thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Amigo said:

Great great great again @Hodor!!

Just an item here again on national news radio, but of course about Bitcoin because of its al time high, and no sign of Ripple ?.

So everybody who reads this, tip off the news media in your countries about Swell, along with a link to @Hodors wordpress page. There is still a lot of awareness to rise, it will be worthwhile helping to get over the tipping point!! We are so close..

I would suggest that @hodor makes the social media links from his wordpress more prominent as well or visible towards the top.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

I focus on XRP in this blog entry, and highlight the news of the first production usage of xRapid - Ripple's solution that uses XRP for sourcing liquidity.

In the last week, I was struck by the scale of the latest good news: the announcement of xRapid's first usage before SWELL.  The term "tipping point" has been debated previously for XRP's use case, and now those discussions will have a whole new flavor...  :sun_bespectacled:

Thank you for reading & hope you enjoy - as always, feel free to share on any other media. 

My other blog announcements:

"Let’s start with something we can agree on:  Using a digital asset is not a new concept in finance.  Many examples abound; derivatives, equities, even IMF Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) are all represented by electronic equivalents of their assigned value."

 

Why is an equity a digital asset? - To me it isn't. It's a physical paper stating that the owner is holding a share of a company. It's as digital as your medical records - "digitalized" but per se paper form.

Why is a derivative a digital asset? - To me it isn't. It's a claim against somebody (usually an investment bank), once in form of paper, now "digitalized".

You can have both examples above in both ways. Paper and ones and zeros. You can't have cryptos in paper, because the blockchain needs to "know" they exist, so they need to be digital first, before the can become "paperized" in form of a paper wallet.

The decentralized nature of cryptos demands "digitalization", equities and derivatives are put in electronic form for the sake of ease, safety and scalability.

So, yes, I think it's quite a stretch. The stretch is in form of the journey from centralization to decentralization and it's a nasty one IMO, because of all the involved conflicts of interest to keep/not keep/re-create the crumbling status quo.

Am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Why is an equity a digital asset?

The law was changed some time back - companies have to provide you with a printed copy only as a convenience, but they must track stock digitally:

Quote

"corporations must record all persons who hold their stock at the end of the trading day in their computer systems."

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/stockcertificate.asp?lgl=rira-layout

 

50 minutes ago, teddybear said:

It's a claim against somebody (usually an investment bank)

Exactly - it has counter-party risk - it is a trust-based issuance, unlike a decentralized digital asset like XRP. 

52 minutes ago, teddybear said:

Why is a derivative a digital asset? - To me it isn't.

This doesn't make any sense to me; how else are we able to electronically exchange assets?   They must be represented digitally.  When you trade derivatives on an exchange, there is no paper changing hands - only ones and zeros in a centralized database somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Hodor said:

This doesn't make any sense to me; how else are we able to electronically exchange assets?   They must be represented digitally.  When you trade derivatives on an exchange, there is no paper changing hands - only ones and zeros in a centralized database somewhere.

No no, that's fine, I agree with that. Question is if it's a digital asset to begin with which it isn't. It can be put on paper and it already exists. You just don't run around with it to trade it like good old JP Morgan did. For convenience purpose we do it electronically. You can start with a paper, a pen and two signatures.  All digitalization did was to broaden the scope or the reach and consequently the liquidity. But, you don't need it. I can put a forward contract for frozen orange juice between us on paper. If you go to a recognized exchange into the pit and wave it and shout a price and find a buyer, you also have created a futures contract. Now maybe you are not my counter-party anymore, but I can still count on the flux of money (assuming my new counter-party does not go belly up, but that would've been my issue with you before, too).

But: You can't write an address on a paper and have a token. System doesn't know.

That was my point: Digital assets need to be digital to "be alive". Equities and derivatives don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.