CryptoLearner

A struggle I face

Once the price of XRP is more than $1, a single XRP will hold more actual value than a dollar bill.  It will also allow me to exchange between currencies (dollars cannot do that).  That being said, the conundrum I face -- is that if and when XRP moons to the price that allows me to retire, would it be beneficial to not exchange it to dollars at all, but to keep my XRP? Thoughts?

Depends on your future expectations for XRP vs the dollar. Personally, I suspect that, once XRP reaches its "use case" market price, it'll become an appreciating asset that will beat the stock market and other investment strategies for many years to come. Therefore, I expect to stay in XRP and take out funds only as needed. 

1 minute ago, manateehunter said:

Diversify. Keep some gold, some cash, some xrp or other crypto, real estate, etc.

This. Unless you're planning on cashing out like $100,000,000 I'd keep some XRP, move some to BTC, LTC, and ETH, as well as traditional stocks/equities. I'd pick up some income generating real estate, silver and gold bullion,  an off grid cabin, a new corvette, and utilize the shift card to access my Coinbase BTC for coffee purchases at SBUX.

5 hours ago, CryptoLearner said:

Once the price of XRP is more than $1, a single XRP will hold more actual value than a dollar bill.  It will also allow me to exchange between currencies (dollars cannot do that).  That being said, the conundrum I face -- is that if and when XRP moons to the price that allows me to retire, would it be beneficial to not exchange it to dollars at all, but to keep my XRP? Thoughts?

Just try to figure out if there's no banks like in Greece. How will you spend? ATM' Dead, Banks Closed, Online Banking Terminated til further notice. Online particular terminals procesing payments.

Will get crazy out here, Keep your XRP. 

All good suggestions...I guess I've never realistically thought about it before. I always assumed once i reach my magical number I would convert to $$ and buy some more properties and then go fishing. But if I believe in XRP's growth now, then there is no reason not to believe in it in the future. If it does what we all believe then leaving it in a wallet and just withdrawing as needed would make the most sense. Buying a chunk of gold is also a good idea although I always have preferred bricks and mortar.

Great topic to talk about. I've been thinking on utilizing my XRPs. I guess its necessary to invest in an offline wallet then. I do still feel that cryptos are still vulnerable to digital attacks, and it is wise to allocate some for concrete assets. 
Get a couple of properties, gold, antiques if you have the interest. 
I bought a small piece of land in Bali recently, so I guess I'll put some XRPs on it too :D

But at the end of the day, what would that magical number be? I'm only a tiny bit invested into cryptos, about 2% of my portfolio and am still deciding to put more in? 

17 hours ago, Autogrizz said:

Sell XRP to dollars, use dollars to buy bricks of gold, problem solved.

I will definitely have some gold and silver, but....there's something very attractive about carrying a nano s across the border that I simply cannot do with bricks of gold ;)

16 hours ago, MatinMontreal said:

Depends on your future expectations for XRP vs the dollar. Personally, I suspect that, once XRP reaches its "use case" market price, it'll become an appreciating asset that will beat the stock market and other investment strategies for many years to come. Therefore, I expect to stay in XRP and take out funds only as needed. 

I am feeling the same way.  My psychology is so tied to the American dollar that I will have to form new pathways in my brain to consider XRP more valuable than these green pieces of paper ;)

10 minutes ago, CryptoLearner said:

How pricy is land in Bali compared to say a similar place in NY or LA?

Bali is an island. A holiday destination. You could find land in the forest, the beach, the touristy area, it really depends on your flavour. Could go anywhere from $10 per sqft to a $1000 per sqft. Thats between (middle of nowhere) to a (cliffside plot of land facing the Indian ocean/central Bali)