1. I have 0 in my savings account. irrelevant question anyway.
2. i don't know where you live but I can buy a loaf of bread under a euro (and cheaper at wholesale price) in the Netherlands (higher than average food prices in the EU)
3. Have you noticed the drastically evolving transport economy and network? Evolving options?
4. The same thing I think about retail in general: can't compete with online retail. Oh yeah, and changing consumer behavior.
5. Who cares? Somebody will turn them into something people spend their money on. Apartments, hotels, vertical farms, etc. Abandoned buildings are great business opportunities.
6. Ignorance. The Bible. Outdated skills. Machines. Intolerance. Ineffective/Inefficient social support schemes. Long term effects of subsidizing domestic food and fossil energy. American people getting mad that they have to share global economic growth with others around the world. So, so many reasons that can not be well explained in a short post. "fiat and central banking" doesn't make the cut
7. Because gold is valuable and historically a good store of value. If I had gold in my backyard, you can be sure I'd be digging it up too (though I'd probably sell it).
8. So can I. I triple dog dare you.
I don't think the world is perfect, nor governments. But I think we have done a pretty good job so far. "The system is rigged"? Give me a break. You're starting to go off the deep end. If it is rigged, it has certainly been rigged in our favor. People that say things like this love to see everyone in the world as little pawns at the mercy of some imaginary powerful group, and they get high on themselves thinking they are so brilliant that they can see it. Please wake up and smell the economic prosperity. I know there are economic injustices, I know there is corruption, I know economic cartels are real. Regardless, life is getting better for nearly everybody on the planet.