Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Well, there goes the price of xrp down again. Wish they would stop announcing partnerships, it always seems to drive the price down..lol
  2. Wait. What?! I thought you were HODL'ing your zerps?
  3. Chase and many others blockes crypto purchases on credit cards a little bit ago. They don't want the credit risk for those stupid enough to extend themselves. Debit card should be fine. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-02/bofa-to-decline-all-cryptocurrency-transactions-on-credit-cards
  4. That is bizarre. I just sent some USD over on CB today. CB said it will be available by Saturday. Six calendar days/five business days. Hopefully it is!
  5. Didn't you hear? The IRS hired TEN people to dig into crypto currency taxes. One of those ten has to have your number, lol.
  6. Why not use the bank transfer option? ACH takes about 3-5 calendar days on coinbase.
  7. Actually he did say "The Bank of England is a paid customer".
  8. Sorry this is a little late, I didn't get to watching Brad's talk at Yahoo Finance until just now. I looked through many pages of this thread and didn't see any commentary on this. In the recording below, at 12:20, Brad states "You can't really...well you can buy shares of Ripple, the company, on the secondary market..." buy shares of Ripple the company?? Secondary market?? Any info on that from anyone?
  9. Believe it or not, a lot of financial regulation is to protect investors and to instill & maintain confidence in the market. Hence why some of us look forward to it.
  10. Oooh, can we use this exchange from the USA??
  11. Ok, I'll bite, just for fun. I suppose then that you declared your crypto trades on your US taxes and filed form 8824, and the IRS has agreed with your decisions that your crypto trades qualified as a like kind exchange. It is required that you declare it, even if you think it qualifies as like kind. You cannot simply not report it. "How do you report Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchanges to the IRS? You must report an exchange to the IRS on Form 8824, Like-Kind Exchanges and file it with your tax return for the year in which the exchange occurred. Form 8824 asks for: Descriptions of the properties exchanged Dates that properties were identified and transferred Any relationship between the parties to the exchange Value of the like-kind and other property received Gain or loss on sale of other (non-like-kind) property given up Cash received or paid; liabilities relieved or assumed Adjusted basis of like-kind property given up; realized gain If you do not specifically follow the rules for like-kind exchanges, you may be held liable for taxes, penalties, and interest on your transactions. " Source: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/like-kind-exchanges-under-irc-code-section-1031
  12. It was a taxable event before 1/1/2018 as well.
  13. But still a good investment!
  14. I have never bought/sold BTC to get XRP.
  15. Does that make TA a self fulfilling prophecy?